INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS
Observership in Ultrasound Guided Regional Anaesthesia at MGMCRI
1. To start the application process, candidates are required to email a letter of Intent, addressed to Prof. T. Sivashanmugam, stating interest in attending the Observership Program and specify the tentative dates which they intend on attending.
2. This letter can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and with Curriculum Vitae attached.
3. Once mail is received, the proposed dates based on the vacancy will be reviewed and intimation of acceptance will be sent via email.
4. Your Letter and accepted dates will be forwarded through the proper channel to the Dean of the institute.
5. On arrival to the campus, the application must be submitted to the Medical Superintendent, in person.
6. Once confirmation process of your observership has been completed you will be required to pay the fees (In cash) in the accounts department, and you will be issued a Temporary ID to attend the program.
Prescribed fees Rs.10,000/- (Ten Thousand Only) for 15 days
NOTE : This process will take one day, so kindly try to come one day prior to your intended
date of joining, so as to maximise the time for attendance to the Program.
1. The candidate will get the opportunity to observe any and all the RA procedures being attended in the department. They will not be restricted to any one Operation Theatre.
2. Candidates are not privileged to carry out unsupervised procedures on patients, however will have the opportunity to perform scanning on volunteers.
3. A specialised academic schedule will be issued on arrival which will cover the major theory areas for the duration of the observership.
4. Candidates are expected to attend the academic sessions along with the current Fellowship candidates and also attend the dissection classes.
5. There is no exit exam for the observership.
6. There is also no extension policy for leaves taken during the course.
7. A certificate will issued on completion of the duration with a processing fee of Rs100/-.
8. Accommodation is not included, and the candidates must bear the responsibility of arranging their own accommodation and transport according to their convenience.
Candidate may contact the department for any information regarding accommodation
near the institute.
If for any reason the candidate needs to discontinue the course after initiation, the admission fee will not be refunded and official permission to leave the course must be submitted.