Centre for Yoga Therapy, Education and Research (CYTER) offers integrative, holistic and therapeutic benefits for patients, educating future Yoga therapists and developing an understanding through scientific research. Being a part of a medical institution CYTER enhances learning curve of the trainees.
From the academic year, there are going to be Post Graduate Certificate (PGC) progressing on to Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy (PGDYT) and further to MPhil in Yoga Therapy (for those candidates possessing PGDYT from SBV or Kaivalyadhama along with a Master’s Degree in any stream). The major highlight of the new programs is adoption of Credit Based Choice System (CBCS) recommended by the NAAC and UGC as a major reform in higher education. As a corollary to this system, a competency based approach has been proposed for the new programs.
- The proposed program gives immense flexibility for learners to pursue diverse careers as Yoga Therapists and enables creation of a pool of trained Yoga therapists possessing requisite skills and competence to impart sound Yoga therapy in different medical conditions.
- The system provides ample opportunities for self-directed learning, guided by extensive mentoring, small group learning and reflective practice within the campus as well as in their work places.
- It provides a new career pathway for the students and teachers to synergize the capacity building in Yoga Therapy education.
- The program ultimately aims to create human resource capable of cutting edge research into fundamental aspects of Yoga as well as its applications in different medical conditions.
More about CYTER
For Certificate Course & PGDYT course
Modern medical and AYUSH doctors, dental surgeons, nursing professionals, bachelor in physiotherapy, occupational therapy, PGDY, MA or MSc Yoga/ Yoga therapy or equivalent certification in Yoga from institutions of repute with any bachelor degree.
For M.Phil course
Candidate possessing a Master’s degree or equivalent will be eligible to join the course provided they have completed PGDYT course from SBV / Kaivalyadhama.
Preference will be given to modern medical and AYUSH doctors, dental surgeons, nursing professionals, Masters in physiotherapy, Masters in occupational therapy and MSc Yoga/ Yoga Therapy.
- Courses are designed to assist participants to develop a broad understanding of the foundation of Yoga, Yoga therapy as well as the applications of Yoga and clinical applications of Yoga therapy in different medical conditions. It will enable them to obtain requisite skills to function independently as a Yoga therapist upon completion of the course.
Four courses are being offered.
- Certificate in Foundation of Yoga (CFY)
- Certificate in Foundations of Yoga therapy (CFYT)
- Certificate in Applications of Yoga (CAY)
- Certificate in Clinical Applications of Yoga Therapy (CAYT)
- Pursue Certificate Courses in Yoga Therapy of three months duration (total four courses of 6 Credit points, each), with options for exit after any course, thus obtaining a course completion certificate. (6 x 4 = 24 Credits)
- Appear for PGDYT comprehensive examination, based on the four courses of study (6 x 4 = 24 + 2Cr for portfolio = 26 Credits)
- Continue further to MPhil. program of one year (28 credits), subject to the candidate holding a Master’s Degree (science graduates will be given preference). This program eventually leads to Ph.D. Program in Yoga therapy.
The main venue for all programs is the Centre for Yoga Therapy, Education and Research (CYTER), situated in the 1st Floor of I Block of MGMC&RI. CYTER has adequate seminar room, consultation chamber, lecture and practice hall and group discussion rooms including the latest audio video equipment for teaching, training and learning.
SBV has a well-equipped Central Library with a wide variety of collection of educational resources. MGMC&RI has numerous departments of general, specialty and super specialty nature where CYTER students get hands on clinical training.
Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth has signed MoU with Kaivalyadhama, the premier institute of Yoga for exchange of teaching materials, as well as student and faculty exchange Programs.
Courses are conducted by experienced faculty.