Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth invites applications in the prescribed form for admission to PhD in Medical Sciences, Dentistry, Nursing Sciences, Interdisciplinary Research and Allied Health Sciences, Full Time / Part Time in the following disciplines offered at its constituent colleges and its centres for June session of the academic year 2019-20
- Anatomy 1 Seat
- Biochemistry 6 Seats
- Physiology 1 Seats
- Microbiology 6 Seats
- Pathology 4 Seats
- Pharmacology 2 Seats
- Anaesthesiology 1 Seat
- Paediatrics 2 Seats
- Medical Education / HPE 3 Seats
- Interdisciplinary Research 14 Seats
- Dentistry 2 Seats
- Music Therapy 2 Seats
- Yoga Therapy 4 Seats
- Nursing Sciences 2 Seats
Application along with the Appendices can be downloaded from the University website (www.sbvu.ac.in) and the filled- in Application Form along with a Crossed Demand Draft for Rs. 5000/- (For PhD) drawn in favour of Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth, payable at Pondicherry should be submitted to the Office of the Registrar, Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth, Pondy – Cuddalore Main Road, Pillaiyarkuppam, Pondicherry – 607 402. No refund of Application / Tuition fees once paid under any circumstances.
- Last date for submission of duly filled- in Application Form: 26th April 2019
- Entrance Test on: 11th May 2019.
- Interview for the shortlisted PhD candidates: 30th May 2019
- Publication of list of Selected Candidates: 3rd June 2019.
- PhD programme begins: 10th June 2019.
- For Further details and PhD Regulations of SBV, visit our website: www.sbvu.ac.in
Important points to note:
The candidates should go through the PhD Regulations 2019 of SBV for various stipulations laid down before applying for the PhD programme.
ANNOUNCEMENT ON M.V.K.IYER MEMORIAL PhD RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP FOR FULL-TIME PhD -2019
M.V.K. Iyer Memorial Research PhD Fellowship for the academic year 2019-20 (June Session) is offered to deserving Full-Time PhD scholars in the Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Dentistry, Faculty of Nursing, Faculty of Allied Health Sciences and Interdisciplinary Research.
The Fellowship amount is Rs.15,000 per month with an annual contingency grant of Rs. 1,00,000 to a maximum duration of Three years, depending upon annual satisfactory progress and report.
Basis for selection
- Awarded only to Full-Time PhD students who qualify at the Common Entrance Test of SBV for the selection of PhD candidates.
- Rank holders in the final selection List published by SBV.
- The candidate is selected should not avail of any other private / Government freeship or Scholarship.
- SBV reserves the right to grant the M.V.K. Iyer Memorial PhD Research Fellowship.
ENTRANCE TEST FOR ADMISSION TO PhD PROGRAMMES (June Session) 2019-20
An Entrance Test for admissions to the PhD programmes of SBV for the June Session of the academic year 2019-20 will be conducted on 11 the May 2019 at the Ground Floor Lecture Hall of Mahatma Gandhi Medical College & Research Institute, Pondicherry, a constituent college of Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth, Pondicherry.
- The Entrance Test will comprise of Part I and Part II of 50 marks each. The duration will be 2 hours between 11 am and 1 pm.
- Part I will comprise of 50 questions of Multiple Choice Type of Research Methodology and Biostatistics pertaining to postgraduate level. The duration will be 1 hour between 11 am and 12 noon.
- Part II will comprise of 50 questions of Multiple Choice Type pertaining to the chosen discipline (eg Anatomy, Anaesthesiology, Music Therapy, Nursing etc) at postgraduate level. The duration will be 1 hr between 12 noon and 1 pm.
- For such of those candidates who are registering for PhD in Interdisciplinary research, they will have to appear in a combined paper (Part II) of Two disciplines of 25 MCQs each pertaining to the topic chosen and their subject discipline at the Qualifying degree.
- For such of those candidates who are registering for PhD in Medical Education, Music Therapy, Yoga Therapy and Dentistry, Nursing, Part II will be pertaining to their chosen discipline for the PhD programme.
- The passing minimum will be 50% aggregate in Part I and Part II put together and a minimum of 40% each in Part I & Part II.
- The candidates will be required to be present in the venue, 15 minutes prior to the commencement of the Entrance Test. They will not be allowed inside the exam hall 15 minutes after the commencement of the Entrance Test. Also, no candidate will be allowed to leave the exam hall before 30 minutes from the commencement of the Entrance Test.
- The candidates who have applied but not received the Hall Ticket on or before 9 the May 2019 are requested to contact the Office of the Registrar on 10 the May 2019. Contact person: Deputy Registrar – 09443277920