For admission to undergraduate course in Medicine, the candidates should have completed 12 years of Schooling, equivalent to Indian CBSE system as approved by Association of Indian Universities (AIU) with English, Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology as optional subjects.
Since the basic eligibility requirements for Bachelor Degree Programme in India is Grade 12 or an Equivalent Examinations, keeping in view the fact that maximum students who intend to join Indian Universities are for Bachelor Degree Programme,
AIU has already accorded equivalence to the School Level Examinations of a goodnumber of Countries of the World so far. AIU has already accorded Equivalence to some of the most popular Systems of School Education of the world i.e. the British System (GCE „O‟ & „A‟ Level) ,American System (High School Diploma), International Baccalaureate awarded by the International Baccalaureate Organization Geneva, Switzerland, French International Baccalaureate, 12 year General Secondary School Certificate Examination conducted in most of the Gulf countries etc, so far.
The following is a list of +2 level qualifications and their nomenclatures recognizedby AIU.
- 12 years General Secondary Education Certificate of the Ministry of Education Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and other Gulf countries.
- * * GCE “Ordinary and Advanced” level examination of the Department ofEducation, Government of Sri Lanka, Singapore, Hong Kong & Mauritius.
- 12 Year High School Diploma from accredited Schools of USA.
- GCE/IGCSE/GCSE examinations of the approved British Examination Bodies, with Minimum 5 (Five) subjects in A, B, C Grades including English at ORDINARY(“O”) Level and 2/3 subjects at ADVANCED (“A”)LEVEL has been equated with +2 stage qualification. Candidates intending to join Professional courses are required to have passed the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics in ADVANCED LEVEL & English at AS LEVEL.
- 12 years Baccalaureate Certificate of Chad, Gabon, France and Tunisia.
- Intermediate/Senior Secondary/Higher Secondary examinations of the approved Boards in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan and Nepal
- 12 year Secondary Stage qualification of National Examinations Board of the Ministry of Education, Ethiopia, Sudan.
- 12-year Secondary Stage examination conducted by various Provinces in *Canada and Australia
- International Baccalaureate Diploma awarded by International Baccalaureate Organization, Geneva, Switzerland.
- 12 year STPM examination of Malaysia
- 12 year Secondary Stage qualification of Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Republic of Vietnam and Yemen Arab Republic
- “Abitur” examination of Germany
- *** 12 year High School Diploma awarded by the accredited American Schools/International Schools in other countries following American System of Education.
- Pre University Certificate Examination of the Ministry of Education, Iran
- 12 year Secondary School Certificate Examination of the Ministry of Education, Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
- 12 Year Secondary School Certificate Examination of the Ministry of Education, Republic of Iraq
- 12 Year Senior School certificate Examination of West African Examinations Council (WACE) in A, B, C Grades on a scale of 1-4 (A-1, B-2, B-3, C-4) conducted in the countries of Nigeria etc.
- EXAMEN D‟ETAT of the Ministry of Primary, Secondary & Professional Education in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- 12 year Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education Examination with more than 5 (Five) subjects in the Grades A, B, & C of the Kenya National Examinations Council, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination with minimum 2 (Two) Principal Passes & 2(Two) Subsidiary Passes of the National Examinations Council of Tanzania.
- Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education Examination with minimum 2 (Two) Principal Passes & 2(Two) Subsidiary Passes of the Uganda Examinations Board
- 12 year Certificat D‟Enseignement Secondaire Generale (D‟Humanities General) of the Ministry of National Education, Republic of Burundi
- Eritrean Secondary Education Certificate of the Ministry of Education ,State of Eritrea
- Baccalaureat De L‟ Enseignement Secondaire General ( Baccalaureat of General Secondary Education) of the Ministry of National Education, Republic of Cameroon
- Baccalaureat De L‟ Enseignement DU Second Degre (Baccalaureate of Secondary Education) of Republic of Chad.
- Higher School Certificate Examination of Department of Education, Papua New Guinea