Masters of Dental Surgery is a 3-year post graduate course approved by the Dental Council of India. MDS course foster development in critical thinking and analysis, advanced clinical skills and research which will enable the candidates to pursue research and academic career. The program prepares the students to become competent practitioners and advisory consultants in respective fields of specialization. The candidates develop theoretical knowledge about dental practice and undertake extensive clinical training at the respective departments. They are required to complete the core curriculum and dissertation papers.
Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences, Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth, offers MDS program in the following specialties:
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry
- Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
- Oral Pathology & Microbiology
- Oral Medicine & Radiology
- Prosthodontics, Crown & Bridge
- Orthodontics and Maxillofacial Orthopaedics.