APPLIED DENTAL MATERIALS
- Physical and mechanical properties of dental materials, biocompatibility.
- Impression materials, detailed study of various restorative materials, restorative resin and recent advances in composite resins, bonding- recent developments- tarnish and corrosion, dental amalgam, direct filling gold, casting alloys, inlay wax, die materials, investments, casting procedures, defects, dental cement for restoration and pulp protection (luting, liners, bases) cavity varnishes.
- Dental ceramics-recent advances, finishing and polishing materials.
- Dental burs – design and mechanics of cutting – other modalities of tooth preparation.
- Methods of testing biocompatibility of materials used.
- Examination, diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Occlusion as related to conservative dentistry, contact, contour, its significance. Separation of teeth, matrices, used in conservative dentistry.
- Dental caries- epidemiology, recent concept of etiological factors, pathophysiology, Histopathology, diagnosis, caries activity tests, prevention of dental caries and management –recent methods.
- Hand and rotary cutting instruments, development of rotary equipment, speed ranges, hazards.
- Dental burs and other modalities of tooth reparation- recent developments (air abrasions, lasers etc).
- Infection control procedures in conservative dentistry, isolation types of equipment etc.
- Concepts in tooth preparation for amalgam, composite, GIC and restorative techniques, failures, and management.
- Direct and indirect composite restorations.
- Indirect tooth-colored restorations- ceramic, inlays and onlays, veneers, crowns, recent advances in fabrication and materials Tissue management
- Impression procedures used for indirect restorations.
- Cast metal restorations, indications, contraindications, tooth preparation for class 2 inlay, Onlay full crown restorations. Restorative techniques, direct and indirect methods of fabrication including materials used for fabrication like inlay wax, investment materials.
- Direct gold restorations.
- Recent advances in restorative materials and procedures.
- Management of non-carious lesion.
- Advance knowledge of minimal intervention dentistry.
- Recent advances in the restoration of endodontically treated teeth and grossly mutilated teeth.
- Hypersensitivity, theories, causes, and management.
- Lasers in Conservative Dentistry.
- CAD-CAM & CAD-CAM in restorative dentistry.
- Dental imaging and its applications in restorative dentistry (clinical photography).
- Principles of esthetics
- Facial analysis
- Smile design
- Principles of esthetic integration
- Treatment planning in esthetic dentistry
- The rationale of Endodontics.
- Knowledge of internal anatomy of permanent teeth, the anatomy of root apex and its implications in endodontic treatment.
- Dentin and pulp complex.
- Pulp and periapical pathology.
- Pathobiology of periapex.
- Diagnostic procedure – recent advances and various aids used for diagnosis a. Orofacial dental pain emergencies: endodontic diagnosis and management.
- Case selection and treatment planning.
- Infection control procedures used in Endodontics (aseptic techniques such as rubber dam,sterilization of instruments etc.).
- Access cavity preparation – objectives and principles.
- Endodontic instruments and instrumentation – recent developments, detailed description of hand, rotary, sonic, ultra sonic etc..
- Working length determination/cleaning and shaping of the root canal system and Recent development in techniques of canal preparation.
- Root canal irrigants and intracanal medicaments used including non – surgical Endodontics by calcium hydroxide.
- Endodontic microbiology.
- Obturating materials, various obturation techniques and recent advances in obturation of root canal.
- Traumatic injuries and management – endodontic treatment for young permanent teeth. Pediatric Endodontics – treatment of immature apex.
- Endodontic surgeries, recent developments in technique and devices, endosseous endodontic implants – biology of bone and wound healing.
- Endo perio interrelationship, endo + Perio lesion and management.
- Drugs and chemicals used in Endodontics.
- Endo emergencies and management.
- Restoration of endodontically treated teeth, recent advances.
- Geriatric Endodontics.
- Endo emergencies and management.
- The biologic response of pulp to various restorative materials and operative procedures.
- Lasers in Endodontics.
- Multidisciplinary approach to endodontics situations.
- Endodontics radiology- digital technology in endodontics practice.
- Local anesthesia in endodontics.
- Procedural errors in endodontics and their management.
- Endodontics failures and retreatment.
- Resorptions and its management.
- Microscopes in endodontics.
- Single visit endodontics, current concepts and controversies.