Prosthodontics is a branch of dentistry which deals with replacement of teeth and oral and maxillofacial tissues by artificial materials. We replace teeth or tissues which are lost by birth deformity, trauma, accident or any disease and restore form, function, aesthetics, comfort, quality of life and self esteem.
We work with the motto of Muller De Van’s Dictum “It is more important to preserve what is remaining, than meticulous replacement of what is lost”
We use materials like metal, acrylic, silicones, ceramics and composites to replace missing structures. State of art Dental Laboratory (DSIR approved), available in campus to render patient related services. We are also linked up with State of art Dental Laboratories to provide Computer Aided Designing and Computer Assisted Milling (CAD CAM) and Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS) services.
The faculty team, apart from teaching, has the expertise in treating patients with the following problems
Removable Partial / Removable Complete Denture – some or all teeth missing
- Hard (acrylic), Soft (Flexible) dentures, Cast metal partial Dentures, attachment retained clasp less esthetic dentures.
- Acrylic, metal reinforced acrylic dentures with different types of teeth according the patient needs.
- Keeping few teeth and placing dentures over them (overdentures).
- Replacement of teeth soon after extraction (immediate dentures).
Fixed Partial Denture / Complete Denture – some or all teeth missing
- Metal, acrylic, ceramic (Ranges of strength), composites and combinations like metal acrylic, metal ceramic, metal composites.
- Crowns for restoring root canal treated teeth and restoring broken down teeth
- Bridges for replacement of missing teeth.
- Implants to replace the lost single tooth / multiple teeth / all the teeth
- CADCAM, DMLS technology
Unesthetic smile because of broken teeth, worn out teeth, spacing between teeth
- Laminate veneers
- Smile Designing
- Full mouth rehabilitation
Missing Oral and Craniofacial defects – Acrylic, Metal, Silicones
- Defects of jaw bones (maxilla and mandible)
- Defects of the eye (orbital and ocular prosthesis)
- Defects of the nose (nasal)
- Defects of the ear (auricular)
- Defects of skull bone (cranial)
- Defects of the cheek (malar)
All the above defects are restored to life like contours.
Bite problems and joint problems -inability to bite due to pain in joints, faulty bites
- Protective guards
- Fluoride trays
- Splints and stents
Patients referred from medical hospital for prosthetic aids to better medical and surgical outcomes
- Finger prosthesis
- Splints after surgery
- Stents for healing and for carrying radiation devices
Treatment Charges: All charges are drafted according to the consumption of materials used only. There are no professional fees attached to the procedures. Concessional services are available patient to patient basis, based on the socio-economic status on selective procedures.
Special Door to Door visit for physically challenged and non ambulatory patients are also available.
On Call Service: Contact No: 8300496971. Contact time from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Visit our Department and get benefitted