- The students are encouraged to participate in the National and Regional level conferences to present papers and poster. They are also encouraged to attend intercollegiate scientific competitions and quiz programs.
- Scientific and Academic Forum of IGIDS conducts periodic CDE programs for various specialties. The students are encouraged to present their papers in this forum also. The clinical students’ attendance is mandatory in all the SAF meetings.
- Journal of Scientific Dentistry is a peer-reviewed biannual indexed journal of our institute where quality publications are done. There is a students section with student editors. The purpose of adding this section is to inculcate the culture of publication among students at a very young age
- Monthly once a clinical society meeting is held to share the clinical experiences of various departments. This again is compulsory for all the clinical students.
- Commemorating the National Science Day on February 28th, Science Quest celebration is held where science is made enjoyable and interesting.
- The public health dentistry encourages the students to do socially useful projects on dental health education and awareness. They also compose flash mobs and skits to motivate the patients.
- Students are encouraged to do research such as STS projects for ICMR. They are also encouraged to compete in the table clinic competitions, Student Clinician Program, held by the IDA– Denstply at the national level.
- To bridge the gap between pre-clinical knowledge with the clinical applications, the students undergo Early Clinical Exposure through integrated postings scheduled for the 1st and 2nd years in the dental clinics. This exposure is done weekly once, in the second half of the curriculum.
EXTRA- CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- The physical education hour is embedded in the time table itself for the pre-clinical students.
- The students’ Music Club has been created under the student advisor.
- The students are highly encouraged to showcase their talents in various National, regional intercollegiate cultural, literary and sports competitions.
- IG-Nite is the annual College day function where spectacular events happen. It is a culmination of series of competitions on Sports (Arena), Literary activities (Loquentia), Fine arts (Dextrix) and cultural activities (Celestial).
- Mr and Miss IGIDS are selected by elite judges in this event.
- Graduate Reception Day, Crescendo is held at the beginning of the year. The graduates are awarded their scroll of honor. The toppers are appreciated with a certificate of Excellence