Department of Child Health Nursing
SERVICES / ACTIVITIES
CONTRIBUTIONS TO HEALTH CARE
- Participate actively in Immunization clinic, Child guidance clinic, Well baby clinic and
conduct school health services in Government Schools by checking anthropometric
measurements, performing general physical examination, conducting health education
and making referrals if required.
- Organize individual/group health education programmes in the clinical area on various
topics related to Child health and Mass Health Education Programmes through Role
play, Lilliput, Mime, Puppet show, etc., in the community settings.
- Celebrate Breast Feeding Week, Neonatal Week and Children’s Day in community and
- Organize Well Baby Contests at Anganwadis.
- Provide preventive, promotive, curative and rehabilitative services for the children in
the hospital and community.
- Carry out research activities to provide evidence-based nursing care for children.