DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSING
SERVICES / ACTIVITIES
Service Areas Covered
- Urban Health and Training Centre of MGMCRI, at, Pillaithottam, Puducherry.
- Rural Health and Training Centre of MGMCRI at Seliamedu, Puducherry.
- Health care services being rendered to adopted areas of(both urban and rural) Puducherry
Urban areas– Kosapalayam, Puducherry.
Rural areas –Kirumampakkam ,Puducherry ;C.N.Palayam, Gunamangalam,Cuddalore.
Seliamedu, Pillaiyarkuppam, Moorthikuppam,, Adingapettu, Valluvarmedu, Koravallimedu, Puducherry.
- Health care service being rendered to Government approved primary health centers
- Primary Health Centre, Kirumampakkam
- Primary Health Centre, Kosapalayam
- Health and Wellness Centre, Koravallimedu, Puducherry.
- Urban health center – Pillaithottam with the basic facility to treat minor ailments and special clinics like Dermatology, OBG, ENT, Dental and General health clinic.
- Rural health center – Seliamedu with the basic facility to treat minor ailments and special clinics like Dermatology, Pediatrics, OG, ENT, Dental and General health clinic.
- Periodically organize Integrated Health Camps with MGMCRI and Government of Puducherry Health Units for providing free preventive, curative and rehabilitative services in rural and urban areas.
- Conduct free Eye and Dental camps regularly at schools in adopted villages.
- Mass Awareness Program.
- Commemorating all the Vital Days
- Participate actively in all National and International Health Programmes.
- Conducts Special education programmes for health care workers specially Anganwadi workers through Anganwadi Training Programme.
- School health Programme including periodical examination of school students.
- Mass cooking demonstration based on needs.
- Awareness Rally related to Vital Days.
- Organizing Health Exhibition and Under-five clinic.
- Rendering home visits and family care services.
Research Thrust Areas
- Nutritional Disorders
- Worm Infestation
- Industrial Health
- Prevention and Health Promotion
- Diarrheal Disorders
- Public Awareness on Health Issues
- Women and Geriatric Health
- Community nutrition
- Focus on communicable (TB, malaria) and non-communicable diseases (HT, DM, CAD, stroke, cancer, and obesity).
- Complementary therapies.