OBSTETRICS AND GYNECOLOGY NURSING
REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH UNIT
Reproductive health unit focuses on the constellation of methods, techniques, and services that contribute to reproductive health and well-being of women and adolescents by prevention and management of reproductive health problems. Reproductive health unit activities includes commemoration of vital days, screening of health issues,identification of high risk conditions, referral services, creation of health-related awareness in the form of health teaching with the use of flash cards and videos, role play, distribution of informational pamphlets and self-instructional modules in the aspects of promotive, preventive,curative and rehabilitative aspects.
Objectives of Reproductive Health Unit
To strengthen the capacities in terms of knowledge enhancement, attitude change among women to meet reproductive health needs.
- To improve the reproductive health of women by conducting screening & health awareness programs in hospital and rural areas.
- To improve the health and nutritional status of women of all ages, especially pregnant and nursing women.
- To counsel adolescents, women and families on issues pertaining to Reproductive health, menstrual irregularities, Infertility and the available treatment options.
- To create awareness towards the prevention of diseases which threaten maternal health, including STI/RTI/VD and HIV/AIDS through mass health education, screening, care and support.
- To increase contraceptive use rate and to reduce unwanted pregnancies and abortions among women in reproductive age.
- To identify the areas and conduct research in Obstetrics & Gynecological Nursing.