A library is a collection of sources of information and similar resources, made accessible to a defined community for reference or borrowing, our library’s collection includes books, periodicals, newspapers, manuscripts, CDs, cassettes, videotapes, DVDs, , databases, and other formats .Academic libraries are generally located on college and university campuses and primarily serve the students and faculty of that and other academic institutions Their main function are to provide support in research and resource linkage for students and faculty of the educational institution. Specific course-related resources are usually provided by the library, such as copies of textbooks and article readings held on ‘reserve’ (meaning that they are loaned out only on a short-term basis, usu
- The aim of the library committee is to provide the, good quality and information learning services.
- The library also intends to be responsive to learner’s needs that will reflect in good professional practice, standards, creativity and efficiency.
- The library intends to provide access to resources and information services, necessary to support the learners for teaching , learning and research activities.
- To address any issues/ complaints related to library.
- To bring changes in the learning zone much more comfortable for learners.
FUNCTIONS/ ACTIVITIES OF LIBRARY COMMITTEE
- Convener circulates the new books/journals for circulation to assess the quality and collects feedback before placement of order.
- Library committee acts on advisory and recommendation committee to consider policy matters and takes policy decisions for procurement of books and journals and renders advice to purchase committee for library procurements.
- Committee analyses the feedback forms and works on the suggestion given.
- Considering the reviews of faculty members and students regarding books/journals selection, ordering process etc.
- Bringing changes in the physical arrangement and functioning process of library.
- Development and proper maintenance of adequate and up-to-date collection of books, journals, periodicals, dissertation etc.,
- Solving day to day problems of the library
- Maintenance of books/ journals theses in good condition & its back up.
- Dissemination of currently published book/journal information and preparation of recent list of additions, monthly list of books added to library and annual list of periodicals received in the library.
- Library stocks are maintained.
- Maintenance of register and records pertaining to library.
- Binding of books and proper arrangement of books as per easy access.
- information about proquest e-journal provide to all faculty members & students for easy access to online journals
STUDENT MEMBERS ROLE
- Orienting newly joined students to understand the rules and facilities available in the college library.
- Interactive sessions and informal meetings with students are also conducted to help them deal with rules and regulations of library, membership, proper handling and replacement of books etc.
- Proper handling of books. Penalty is imposed for the damage of the books done by the students.
- Replacement of books in correct time, if not penalty imposed.
- Soft copy of the dissertations to be collected for e-library by the research in charge and the same to be submitted to librarians.
- e-journals/ e-learning facilities
- Digital library
- Information about proquest e-journals should be communicated to faculty and students
INNOVATION AND BEST PRACTICES
Feedback obtained from the user once in 3 months