Mentor-Mentee system was introducedin2015 with the aim of establishing a trusting relationship with accountability and responsibility from the mentor and mentee. Mentor-Mentee meeting is being conductedevery last Friday of the month
- Assess mentee’s current level of expertise.
- Assess mentee’s areas of strengths and weaknesses.
- Assist mentee in identifying objectives/goals.
- Facilitate and make recommendations on best practices surrounding mentee’s objectives/goals. Provide guidance and support by creating an atmosphere of openness where meaningful communication and trust can exist.
- Assign mentee specific tasks/assignments aimed to develop skills or accomplish specific objective/goal.
- Share openly experiences, goals andobjectives.
- To create an awareness of opportunities and activities that can broaden student’s education.
- To create awareness of opportunities and activities that can expand student’s network.
- To develop a sense of one’s strengths and weaknesses as a caregiver, educator, leader andresearcher.
- To effectively manage student’s time and be more productive.
- To learn how to communicate effectively in networking situations, social network and work environment.
- To gain a better understanding of best practices.
- To further develop decision-making skills.
- Provide mentor with performance feedback.
- Accept responsibility for own development and success.
To allocate time on every last Friday of the month for mentor mentee meeting.
- To notify the conserved nodal officer regarding any problem andissue of mentee.
- Finding the field of interest in students and facilitate for further development.
- To create a separate social network grouping so that their relationship continue even after the academicsis completed.