Quality Improvement & Patient Safety Committee
Purpose of the committee
To improve the quality of patient care, improve safety for patients and personnel.
Functions of the committee
- Committee will be responsible for developing documents and implementing a continuous quality improvement programme.
- The quality committee will play an integrating role in the management of all quality improvement related activities and committees.
- They are responsible for developing all NABH related documents.
- The committee is responsible for all CQI related activities.
- Is responsible for the identification of quality management related educational needs of staff and to ensure that these are fulfilled.
- Shall receive CQI related and Patient Safety related information from all other committees and process them review them analyze them and inform the selection committee for the need to take corrective and preventive measures, Review CQI, Medical Audit, Nursing Audit, Medical Care review, Mortality review, Active and closed Medical Record review, Incident analysis, HIC date, Review of QA programs, Safety reports
- To develop policies and procedures to ensure the Health Care Organizations environment and facilities operate to ensure the safety of patients, their families, staff, and visitors.
- To conduct a checklist based facility and safety inspection rounds twice a year in clinical areas and once a year in non-clinical areas.
- To document the potential safety risks that have been identified in an inspection report and take necessary corrective and preventive measures.
- To develop, document and implement a laboratory safety programme.
- To develop, document and implement a radiation safety programme.
- To develop, document and implement a clinical patient safety programme.
- To develop, document and implement programme for clinical support equipment management.
- To ensure the provisions for safe water, electricity, medical gases and vacuum system.
- To ensure plans or current and existence for managing fire and non-fire emergencies.
- To develop policy and procedures for the handling of community emergencies epidemics and other disasters.
- To develop and document policy and procedure for handling of hazardous material in the hospital.