Purpose of the Committee
The purpose of this committee is to optimize patient care and outcome by:
- Providing direction and guidance for the planning and delivery of a high-quality robust resuscitation response in the MGMCRI Hospital.
- Ensuring that safe, early and appropriate CPR, including early defibrillation, occurs within the Hospital.
- Detailing the duties and training requirements for all staff relating to anaphylaxis, CPR and post-resuscitation care.
- Detailing the process and tools utilized for the identification and response to patients at risk from deterioration and cardiorespiratory arrest within MGMCRI Hospital.
- Standardizing the management of anaphylaxis and cardiopulmonary arrest by adopting the AHA guidelines.
- Detailing the process for ensuring continuous availability of cardiac arrest equipment in clinical areas.
- Detailing the process for monitoring compliance with all the above
Functions of the committee
- Ensure code blue policy and procedure is in place.
- Ensure BLS and ACLS education for staff directly involved with patient care.
- Evaluate code blue forms. Suggest ways to improve the efficacy of the code blue procedure.