Infection Control Committee
Purpose of the committee
To prevent hospital-acquired infections, to maintain patients and environment safety, to monitor biomedical waste disposal and segregation, antimicrobial stewardship, to monitor universal precaution and safe practices.
Functions of the committee
- To plan, develop, document, implement, monitor and evaluate a hospital-wide infection control program
- To ensure that an infection control manual is in place and confirms to NABH standards.
- To guide the infection control team and the infection control nurses in day to day activities
- To ensure sterilization activities in the HCO confirm to NABH standards.
- To ensure that the biomedical waste management conforms to legal requirements and NABH standards.
- To identify and controls outbreaks of infection
- To suggest ways and means reduce hospital-acquired infection rates.
- To identify and develop content for the training of staff, patient and visitors in infection control activity.
- Water and environment surveillance.