Department of Biochemistry, MGMCRI began its academic journey in the year 2002 and since then has steadily traversed many a mile. Presently, the department is one of the largest and premier post-graduate departments of the institute. The department caters to the needs of the students and patients alike by imparting theoretical, practical skills to the former and providing quality, efficient and reliable laboratory service to the latter.
- To foster healthy academic exchange between the teacher and the taught.
- To devise and implement state-of-the-art teaching / research among PG students
- To educate medical graduates and other health professionals in clinical chemistry and principles laboratory medicine in order to enable them to apply these principles in the understanding the disease process and to provide excellent and holistic health care to patients.
- To instill the knowledge of clinical chemistry and laboratory medicine among medical graduates through an interactive and integrated modular teaching schedule using various teaching modalities keeping student learning style preferences into consideration.
- To promote research among undergraduates by assigning them into project-based learning.
- To take special care for a student needing additional curricular support by adopting Teaching-Learning Methods that suits their needs.
- To provide competency-based education and training for the postgraduate student so as to make them eligible and confident in taking individual decision
- To achieve NABL accreditation of clinical laboratory for duality patient care