We serve as a unique platform for those interested in any of the above-said three spheres teaching and training of health sciences personnel, socially relevant research and patient-care services at primary care level. We impart a wide variety of training from social work trainees of nearby towns to externship programs for medical graduates worldwide. The key underlying weave of most of our academic initiatives is to develop scientific temperament among medical graduates.
- To establish a unified platform for the Community Health departments of the Medical, Dental & Nursing colleges of our University, for interdisciplinary training and research.
- To educate medical graduates to be community-responsive healthcare providers.
- To promote health and cater to the primary health care needs of the community.
- To promote high-quality research on socially relevant issues.
- To provide community-based experiential learning to students.
- To train medical students to offer preventive, promotive, curative and palliative health care services.
- To actively promote e-learning tools in medical education.
- To provide primary health care services to the community through peripheral health centres and other extension activities.
- To propagate all national health policies and disseminate relevant health-related knowledge to the local community.
- To develop linkages with Governmental and Non-Governmental Organizations to implement various measures for promoting the health status of the community.
- To offer training programmes on Health Research Methodology for students and faculty.
- To collaborate with research agencies in developing and implementing programs for capacity building of health professionals in the field of research.