Obstetrics & Gynaecology
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology in MGMCRI hospital started functioning in the year 2001. Today, we cater to the medical needs of 1.1 lakh women as outpatient and 9,000 women as inpatient annually. The outpatient services are offered from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. from Monday to Saturday.
Regular antenatal care is offered for pregnant women. Focused care is given for high-risk pregnancies. State-of-the-art labour rooms are manned 24×7 by a qualified experienced team of doctors, nurses and paramedics, supported by a team of anaesthetists and neonatologist who provide 24×7 in-house services.
Adolescent care is given in collaboration with our Pediatricians. Our blood bank plays a very crucial role in obstetrics emergencies. The department handles many complicated referrals in obstetrics and gynaecology. Painless labour by epidural analgesia and Entonox is provided by our anaesthetists round the clock. The newborns are ushered into this world by our neonatology team.
Our services for women spread from catering to the needs of adolescent girls to elderly women. Our centre offers the best “keyhole” surgical options for gynaecological and fertility problems. Urogynecological services are being offered to women who suffer from urinary leakage.
Family welfare services include counseling, sterilization open as well as laparoscopy, IUCD, proximal tubal canulation, tubal microsurgery are done here. Menopausal problems are addressed with special focus on endocrine and oncological screening. Oncology screening for cervical cancer like pap smear & colposcopy along with detection & treatment of endometrial, ovarian, vulval cancers is done on a daily basis.
- Empowering women to achieve healthier lives.
- To provide excellence in evidence-based patient-centered care, service, and advocacy for women’s reproductive health.
- To provide a comprehensive educational experience motivating our medical students and residents to be lifelong learners in the field of women’s health.
- To extend full departmental collaboration, integration, and support to achieve outstanding basic, clinical and translational research.
- To establish a center of excellence for the treatment of the infertile couple.
- To establish a unit of urogynecology.
- To establish a state-of-the-art endoscopic surgery center.
- To set a gynaecological oncology unit.
- Novel teaching-learning methods – concept mapping, small group discussion.
- Utilization of state-of-the-art simulation centre for enhancing the clinical skills.
- Participate actively in Antenatal, Intranatal, Postnatal and Reproductive Services.
- Conducts reproductive health screening services in community areas and making referrals if required.
- Interactive training for faculty and students.
- Conducts health education in the clinical area on various topics like Care of Antenatal women, Care of High-risk pregnancy, Warning signs of pregnancy and Labour, Abortion, Gestational Hypertension, Gestational Diabetes Mellitus, Preparation of Labour, Postnatal Care, Newborn care, Immunization etc.
- Provide preventive, promotive, curative & rehabilitative services for the Antenatal and Postnatal women.
- Vital Days Celebration: Celebrating all National and International Days related to OBG Nursing like World Breastfeeding Week, Women’s Day, Safe motherhood Day etc…
- Maintaining the records and reports of various department activities as well as the different evaluation formats like a student evaluation form, Clinical performance assessment forms, Internship Evaluation forms etc.,
- Motivating faculty and students for conducting various research activities in thrust areas of Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
- To start a State of art assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) Unit.
- Expansion of the current fetal medicine unit to fetal intervention unit.