The department offers affordable, quality medical and surgical eye care on outpatient and inpatient basis for patients from Puducherry, Cuddalore, Villupuram and neighbouring areas. The department has adequate consultation rooms, refraction rooms with refraction units, special instruments room, laser room, a minor procedure room and corneal grafting centre. We also provide separate male and female wards, with separate ward nurses round the clock to take care of the patients. We provide separate fully equipped ophthalmic theatre in the OT complex with two operating tables and Ophthalmic OT assisting nurses.
- Qualified and experienced senior and junior consultants
- Consultants with vast experience from different parts of the country
- Post-graduate students, CRRIs,
- Well-trained nursing staff
- Refractionists / optometrist
- Technical assistants
- Camp organiser
- Slit-lamp in every consultation room with lenses (90D, 78D and Gonioprism)
- Direct and indirect ophthalmoscopes
- Tonometers: Applanation, Non-contact & Schiotz
- Optical coherence tomography
- Fundus fluorescein angiography
- Slit-lamp photography
- A-scan biometer
- Hess chart
- Anterior and posterior segment LASERs on slit-lamp
Inpatients facilities with separate male and female wards are available and special wards are available on demand.
We also have a fully equipped operation theatre with laminar airflow and equipment for patient monitoring
Student teaching facilities available for UG students:
- OPD with two demonstration rooms and a minor procedure room to conduct clinical classes for students.
- Male and female eye wards with separate demonstration rooms adjacent to the wards to demonstrate various examinations.
- The lecture theatre in College Block and demonstration room for conducting lectures and integrated learning
- Simulation lab with dummy models for demonstration.