The department started in functioning during the advent of the institution. Since then it has been catering holistic and scientific healthcare to the public. The department has comprehensive facilities to diagnose and treat extensive symptoms in Otorhinolaryngology. Keeping pace with the advances made in the field, the department is very well equipped with cutting edge technologies. The consultants in tandem with supportive staff provide professional care.
The ENT department is in the process of continuously upgrading itself to keep pace with the ever-growing demands of patient care. The department constantly strives to achieve excellence in both academic and patient care untiringly to provide world-class health care.
- To provide state-of-the-art medical and surgical care for the well being of the citizens.
- To teach the best practices for patient care and professionalism and to foster a strong scientific temper towards research, encouraging them to become leaders in the specialty.
- To engage in community health service to cater to the needy people.
- To educate students using the integrated teaching-learning process and help those interested in Otorhinolaryngology to better understand the specialty and pursue a career in Otorhinolaryngology.
- To conduct innovative and pioneering clinical, basic and translational research to share knowledge, identify best practices and fill knowledge gaps, thereby stretching the frontiers of the specialty.
- Implementation of the competency-based residency program for postgraduates to become competent and independent otorhinolaryngologists.
- To establish a center for sleep medicine and a regional training center for temporal bone dissection.