Physiotherapy is a health care profession with an emphasis on the use of physical approaches for the promotion of health and the prevention, treatment and management of disease and disability. The physiotherapy service encompasses an inpatient and outpatient service for all patients referred to the physiotherapy. Physiotherapy is the treatment of injury, disease and disorders through physical methods such as exercise, massage, manipulation and other treatments over medication and surgery. Physiotherapy helps to restore movement and function when someone is affected by injury, illness or disability. It can also help to reduce your risk of injury or illness in the future. It takes a holistic approach that involves the patient directly in their own care. Physiotherapists help people affected by injury, illness or disability through movement and exercise, manual therapy, education and advice. They maintain health for people of all ages, helping patients to manage pain and prevent disease. Physiotherapists have been trained in the use of exercise therapy to strengthen your muscles and improve your function. Physiotherapy exercises have been scientifically proven to be one of the most effective ways that you can solve or prevent pain and injury. Department of Physiotherapy in MGMCRI Hospital works in close coordination with other departments like CYTER, NDT to deliver quality care to the patients facing inhibitions in movement. It is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and technologically advanced medical equipment to ensure swift healing of patients.
- To provide quality education on par with the global standards
- Guide towards research to promote evidence-based physiotherapy practice.
- Create awareness and provide quality services to the society and work towards preventive health.
- Update and share existing and new knowledge in the field of physiotherapy and providing equal opportunity for faculty to update.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the theoretical basis of physical therapy.
- Demonstrate clinical competency in evaluation, treatment planning, and implementation.
- Integrate knowledge of basic sciences and physical in order to modify treatment approaches that reflect the breadth and scope of physical therapy practice.
- Integrate the use of basic principles of research in critical analysis of concepts and findings generated by self and others.
- Actively recognize the rights and dignity of individuals in planning and administering programs of care.
- Identify and contribute to the aims and ideals of the profession.
- Function as competent physical therapist in any healthcare setting.