We offer the following imaging services for the patients referred to us. We also render the services for the patients referred from outside
- X-Ray – Plain and Contrast
- Computed Radiography
- Ultra Sonography including Doppler & 4D
- CT Dual Slice Spiral CT
- Optima 128 slice CT scan.
- MRI – 1.5 Tesla
- CATH LAB for Vascular & Interventional Radiology
The following radiological investigation is performed in the department
X-Ray Radiological Investigations Performed
- Barium Study
- Barium Swallow.
- Barium meal.
- Barium follows through.
- Small bowel enema.
- Barium enema.
- Hypotonic Duodenography.
- Perioperative Cholangiography.
- Post Operative (T-Tube) Cholangiography.
- Percutaneous transhepatic Cholangiography.
- Excretion Urography.
- Percutaneous renal puncture.
- Percutaneous nephrostomy.
- Retrograde Pyeloureterography.
- Micturating cystourethrography.
- Ascending urethrography.
- Antegrade pyelography.
- Peripheral Venogram
- Arteriography of limbs.
- Cerebral angiography.
- Carotid angiography.
- Renal angiography.
- Aspiration of Abscess.
- Pleural effusion tapping.
- FNAC – USG guided.
- Ultrasound-guided Percutaneous nephrostomy.
- Pigtail drainage of Abscess.
- USG guided traded biopsy.
128 slice CT scan Procedures
- Coronary angiogram
- Ct guided biopsy
- Cardiac CT
All routine scans of the Brain, Thorax, Abdomen & Musculoskeletal system are performed.
Advantages of 128 SLICE CT
Strong clinical suspicion and early treatment only can save a patient of acute pulmonary embolism. The symptoms often overlap with acute coronary syndrome and heart failure and hence this condition is often diagnosed late in any clinical setting. Single diagnostic tool 128 slice CT angiogram can, not only rule out CAD but also can provide vascular imaging of pulmonary arterial tree in the same sitting, thus providing information regarding the magnitude of occlusion and area under jeopardy. This single shot valuable information is very essential in deciding the modality of treatment and also predicts prognosis. Ruling out CAD and diagnosing pulmonary embolism and advocating early treatment can be accomplished at the earliest with this 128 slice CT scan.
PERIPERAL VASCULAR DISEASE
Diabetes increase the risk of amputation 10-15 fold. Early detection and targeted therapeutic approach is the only way to prevent this macro vascular complication. As symptom onset occurs later in the course of the disease, early detection can be achieved by CT angiogram. Evaluating the peripheral artery tree by conventional angiogram has high radiation exposure and needs large amount of dye. This obvious disadvantage is negated by single shot injection and complete high resolution imaging of peripheral vasculature. In addition in the setting of acute limb ischemia it helps in early diagnosis and planning treatment strategy to save the dying limb.
- 128 slice CT Scan is considered as gold standard in evaluation of disease status and site involvement in takayasu s arteritis.
- Small vessel disease, below knee peripheral vascular disease and its collaterals are well visualized in this diagnostic tool.
- Aortic diseases like aneurysm and dissection are well defined in 128 slice CT angiogram and assist surgeon in planning vascular repair.
- Mesenteric ischemia either acute or chronic is best evaluated by CT angiogram along with information regarding underlying extent of bowel involvement.
- Renal angiogram in evaluating reversible renal dysfunction and suspected renal artery stenosis in cases of uncontrolled hypertension is best achieved non invasively with this tool.
In conclusion this remarkable diagnostic tool images the whole body vasculature wherever the blood flows and gives high resolution imaging and information regarding the status of vascular system.
Cerebrovascular disease is leading cause of mortality and morbidity in elderly. Sudden cutoff of blood supply to brain causes dramatic neurological deficit. Thrombolysis for non – hemorrhagic stroke is norm for early salvaging of infarcting neurological tissue. 128 slice CT angiogram aides in early diagnosis of stroke: pin points the site of occlusion and extent of disease and also evaluates the success of thrombolysis.
- At risk individuals for stroke are better diagnosed at early by cerebral 4 vessel angiogram.
- 128 slice CT scan is an excellent tool in evaluation of giddiness to rule out vertebral basilar insufficiency.
- In addition CT angiogram has immense role in neurosurgery in identifying culprit vessel in sub arachnoid hemorrhage and also study cerebral AV malformations.
- CT angiogram also helps in properly assessing the vasculature of head and neck tumors preoperatively.
ADVANTAGES OF 128 SLICE CT ANGIOGRAM
- Outpatient procedure, No hospitalization required
- Non invasive precision imaging
- Powerful diagnostic tool with high resolution imaging
- Less radiation exposure and less contrast requirement
- Faster and less cumbersome
- Painless procedure with utmost patient comfort
- Risk stratification at emergency department
- Early diagnosis and thus solving diagnostic dilemma, cut short hospital stay and unnecessary hospital expenses
- GE – Optima CT 660 is the Only 128 Slice CT which can do 5 beats cardiac acquisition for coronaries for high and variable heart rate.
- Prospective gated cardiac Scan for 83% lower x-Ray dose to patients for cardiac scans
- Optima CT 660 is the only CT in 128 slice range with 500 Slice equivalent coverage.
- Non Cooperating Patients can be scanned without breath hold for abdomen studies, Pulmonary Angiography.
- Single contrast injection comb studies for reducing contrast injected volume to patients.
- Neuro Studies +Triple Rule Out (Coronary artery disease/pulmonary embolism/Aortic dissection)
- Triple Rule Out + Renal scans + Peripheral Angios
- Unique ASiR (Adaptive Statistical Iterative Reconstruction) technology for 40-50 % X- Ray dose reduction to patients.
- World most advanced and powerful multimodality workstation AW vs 5.0 CT + MR image studies reporting.