The Department of Cardiology provides comprehensive end-to-end cardiac care, comprising of Interventional Cardiology, Non-Interventional Cardiology, and Intensive Cardiac Care Unit. The hospital is well equipped with an ICCU, Non-invasive Cardiac Lab, and Cardiac Catheterization Lab. The Cardiologists team has a collective global experience of more than 5,000 Cardiac procedures with a success rate of 99%. We offer comprehensive diagnostic and interventions in the field of structural heart disease, Coronary artery disease, Congenital heart disease & Peripheral vascular diseases.
- To excel in comprehensive cardiovascular care and education.
- To produce fellows in cardiology on par with other National Institute.
- To ensure goal communication and discipline among the student community.
- To provide cost – effective and quality care in the management of cardiovascular disease.
- To stress on Preventive and rehabilitative aspects of cardiovascular medicine.
- Providing evidence based cardiovascular practice delivered in a consistent and integrated manner.
- To have exclusive cardiac outpatient clinic along with cardiac surgery outpatient clinic with all investigations pertaining to cardiology in one roof along with a good reception.
- To have exclusive coronary/cardiac critical care unit under the guidance of critical care medicine so that complex cardiac emergency procedures can be done.
- To update /upgrade existing Echocardiography machine with newer techniques.
- To update/upgrade existing cardiac catheterization laboratory especially with respect to including imaging guided interventions.
- To set up preventive and rehabilitation cardiac clinic
- To show progress in research/publications.