Medical Simulation Center
The Medical Simulation Centre of the Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute is a state of the art centralized facility which caters to the simulation training needs of SBV and its constituent colleges. It is till date the only centralized simulation facility in Puducherry state. It was set up as early as 2011 due to the futuristic vision of our Chairman, Shri MK Rajagopalan, who recognized even then that it was only a matter of time before this modality of training became commonplace in medical education in India. Since its inception the Centre has been very active in carrying out its mandate of imparting simulation based healthcare education. It was recognized as an International Training Centre by AHA in 2014 and has been conducting regular AHA provider and instructor courses since then. Its main activities are:
- Running of AHA life support provider and instructor courses
- Simulation based task training in procedural skills
- A robust Standardized Patient program utilizing the services of trained villagers from nearby villages for student training in communication skills
- Mannequin based simulation team training to teach non-technical teamwork skills to postgraduates
- Faculty development programs for simulation based medical education
The Centre has an experienced internationally recognized faculty and the full range of trainers, mannequins and equipment required for this purpose.