Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Department Of Obstetrics And Gynaecology at A Glance
The department was established along with the college in the year of 2001. Since then it has grown into one of the well-established department of the institute.
Scope Of Services
- Consultation: Antenatal check-up, postnatal care, counseling and advice regarding immunization, medication, relevant investigations, review / timely hospital admission, cross consultation with other specialties when a multidisciplinary approach is required for management and primary gynecological consultation, treatment and follow up.
- Specialty clinics: Expert consultation, counseling, treatment and follow up of patients in the sub-specialties like Infertility, gynaec-oncology, urogynaecology, menopause, and adolescent gynecology.
- Ultrasound examination: Basic obstetric and gynecological ultrasound scans done by qualified consultants with certified training in ultrasonography.
- Other services: IUCD insertions, PAP smear collection, cervical and endometrial biopsies, colposcopy.
- Counseling: counseling by well trained social worker/counselor to antenatal women regarding antenatal care, the importance of antenatal check-up, do’s and don’ts of pregnancy, delivery, postnatal care, breastfeeding and family planning with the help of audio-visual teaching aids.
Department provides special clinics like family planning clinics, urogynecology clinics, Adolescent clinics, menopause clinics, infertility and cancer clinics, Labour analgesia, yoga and music therapy for antenatal women.
The department performs a range of procedures to take care of the preventive and curative aspect of health care services. These include counseling services for family planning, screening of cervical carcinoma by pap-smear and colposcope, simple to complex obstetrics and gynecological surgeries, laparoscopic procedure and surgeries for urinary incontinence, etc.
Critical Care Unit
Department has a state of art labor room which has the facility of monitoring critical patient. Very sick patients are monitored in the intensive care unit in consultation with the anesthetist.
For more details please contact 0413 261 6700 Extn: 125.
MBBS, MD, MNAMS
MBBS., MD., DNB., MRCOG
M.B.B.S, M.S[ Obs & Gyn]
MBBS MS(OG) DNB(OG)
MBBS., MD(o&g), DNB
MBBS, MD(OBG), DNB(OBG), FMAS