Guidelines for Research - Faculty
- Primary investigator must identify project and the co-investigators.
- Complete the protocol, according to the prescribed format and submit the protocol to the member secretary of the Institute Research Committee (IRC). Protocols may be submitted at any time of the year.
- IRC will issue a date for review of the completed protocols, which must be presented in person, by the primary investigator.
- IRC will review the protocols and make their recommendations if any, for amendments.
- Once the protocols are accepted by the IRC, they must be submitted to the member secretary of the Institutional Human Ethics Committee (IHEC).
- The IHEC will issue a date for reviewing the protocols, at which time the Primary investigator will present the protocol to the IHEC, in person.
- After the IHEC reviews the protocol, they will make the recommendations to accept or modify the study protocol.
- Once accepted, the IHEC will issue a certificate, with which the study can be registered in the clinical trial registry of India. http://www.ctri.nic.in
- The project may commence once IHEC approval has been obtained.
- On completion of the project, after its publication, notification of publication must be sent to Deanery of Research of SBV University.
For Funding for your research projects, please contact the office of the Dean of Research, SBV.