The admission to the B.Sc. (N) program is in accordance with regulations of Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi, Tamil Nadu Nurses and Midwives Council, Chennai and Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth.
ELIGIBILITY – M.Sc. (N) 2 Years course
- The candidates should be a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife or equivalent with any Nursing Registration Council.
- The minimum education requirements shall be the passing of: B.Sc. Nursing / B.Sc. Hons. Nursing / Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing with minimum of 55% aggregate marks.
- The candidate should have undergone B.Sc. Nursing / B.Sc. Hons. Nursing / Post Basic Nursing in an institution which is recognized by Indian Nursing Council.
- Minimum one year of work experience after Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- Minimum one year of work experience prior to after Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- Candidate shall be medically fit.
- 5% relaxation of marks for SC/ST candidates may be given.
- No upper age limit.
ELIGIBILITY – Post Basic B.Sc. (N) 2 Years course
- Passed the Higher Secondary or Senior Secondary or Intermediate or 10+2 or an equivalent examination recognized by the university for this purpose. Those who have done 10+1 / PUC on or before 1986, will be eligible for admission;
- Obtained a certificate in General Nursing and Midwifery and registered as Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife with the State Nursing Council. A male trained before the implementation of the new integrated course registered as an A grade nurse with State Nursing Council, shall produce evidence of training approved by Indian Nursing Council for a similar duration in lieu of midwifery;
- Worked for a minimum period of Two Years as a Nurse in a hospital / institution or a full-time Public Health Nurse for one year after obtaining the above mentioned diploma.
- Candidates shall be medically fit.
ELIGIBILITY – B.Sc. (N)
For admission to the first year B.Sc. (N) degree course the candidate should have passed H.Sc. (Academic) examination conducted by the State Board or equivalent with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in Biology, Physics, Chemistry and English (40% marks for SC/ST/OBC) OR for vocational stream 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Foundation Sciences or Chemistry, Nursing and English OR Senior School Certificate + 2 pre-degree examination (10+2). DMLT is not a nursing programme and hence students are not eligible for admission in B.Sc. (N) programme.
17 years as on 31 December of the preceding year of admission; the upper age limit is 25 yrs. Relaxable up to 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC.
DURATION OF THE COURSE
– 4 years
The system of awarding marks to the students will be not only in studies but also marked on various criteria like enthusiasm, discipline, punctuality and grooming.
The students will be taken on educational field visits in all the semesters to enrich their knowledge in the respective area.
Immediate appointment will be given to the candidate as per the policy, on successful completion of the course.