The campus has beautiful, well structured and separate hostels for Boys and Girls of each constituent college set in a serene atmosphere within the campus. Every hostel room is air-conditioned, spacious, ventilated and well furnished. For the good health and safety of every student in the hostel, ozone purified drinking water. Within the hostel, hygienically prepared, good quality sumptuous food is provided to the students at a very nominal price.
Hostel Rules and Regulations
Applicable to all the students of Constituent Colleges of SBV. Conditions of Residency Students residing in SBV constituent college hostel facilities are held by the policies and rules and procedures of the Student Guide as well as the Conditions of Residency, which includes the Fire Safety and Security Policies.
The college hostels provide boarding and lodging facilities for bona fide students of the SBV. The hostels shall be under the control of the Dean and in the immediate charge of the chief warden, Residential wardens, (General Warden and Mess warden). The Dean is vested with the powers to enforce rules and regulations and his decision shall be final in the interpretation of the rules and in all matters connected with the hostel. Separate hostels are available for men and women students.
Admission to Hostel
The college and hostel administration reserves the right to admit students in the hostels. Admission to the college does not confer an automatic right of admission to the hostel attached to the college. The admission to the hostel will be considered after admission in the college, on applying in the prescribed application form. The students will be required to produce proof of admission in the college before admission to the hostel. Every student/parents before admission to the hostel must submit a joint undertaking in writing. Application for admission to the hostel will not be considered if the declaration is not signed by both the ward and the parent/guardian.
Membership in the hostel shall be deemed to be terminated at the end of each academic year and the members who are desirous of continuing in the hostel must make an application for readmission every year. Residence in the hostel for any period does not confer any right to the membership for the following academic year. No student will ordinarily be allowed to continue in the hostel beyond a continuous period of course duration from the date of joining the college in the first year. If a student comes on transfer from other colleges, the period will be counted from the date of joining. Each case will be decided on merit by the Dean or chief warden.
Relief from the hostel after admission, no student shall vacate the hostel without prior permission from the Dean. Before vacating the hostel, the student shall inform the warden in writing stating the reason. Only after the request is approved by the Dean, the student will be permitted to vacate the hostel. If any student wants to leave the hostel, he/she should also produce a letter of request to that effect from the parents. He/she should clear the dues and fulfil other formalities as prescribed. Parents must submit an undertaking stating the safety responsibility of their ward to be totally on them while residing outside. If any student applies for vacating the hostel in the middle of the academic year without any valid reason, he/ she will forgo the entire caution deposit and remit the entire prescribed fee for the hostels.
- Allotment of rooms will be made by the chief warden once a year.
- The student will continue to stay in the room allotted and shall not change rooms on his / her own without the warden’s permission. Admission for the forthcoming year will not be 76 given if there are dues to be settled by the student for his / her previous year’s stay.
- The chief warden has the power to re-allot the room.
- No member will be allowed to have any guest to say in the room.
- Hostel furniture should not be mobilized from one room to another.
- Members are responsible for the care of the furniture and fittings in the respective rooms.
- The cost of repairs or replacements of fittings and furniture will be collected from the inmate of the concern room in cases of damages or losses. If the responsibility cannot be fixed, the cost will be recovered from all the members collectively. In addition to the cost of damages, an equal amount of fine also will be levied.
- Members are not permitted to use any extra electrical gadget in their rooms without prior permission of the warden.
- The members are advised not to keep money or valuables in their rooms.
- The hostel administration will not be responsible for the loss of money or valuables kept in the rooms.
Any student who hosts a person on campus with the permission of the authority is responsible for ensuring that such person knows and adheres to all regulations of the Code of Student Conduct and all SBV policies and procedures. Students are responsible for the behaviour of their guests and may be held accountable for violations committed by their guests, including restitution for damage to SBV facilities or other restitution as necessary. Responsibility under the rules may occur even if the host is not a participant in the activity or has left the guest(s) alone.
Motorized Vehicle policy
Any students undergoing a course in SBV are not allowed to possess or ride/drive bike or car inside the campus at any given point of time unless prescribed or advice on the medical background. Students are allowed to possess non-motorized bicycles for commuting to college and other places inside the campus. Violation of the rules of vehicle policy will lead to procedures and disciplinary action.
Property Damage or destruction of property is a very serious offence. Instances of deliberate or malicious damage will be referred to the Student Conduct System for conduct action and appropriate sanctions.
- All inmates are expected to maintain strict discipline in the campus and in the hostel.
- Ragging in any form causing physical or emotional hardship to anyone is strictly prohibited. Any student found guilty of ragging will be expelled from the hostel immediately and further action will also be taken as per rules.
- No student should possess or consume narcotic drugs or liquor in the hostel or in the campus. If anyone is found violating this rule, he/she will be expelled from the hostel.
- No students shall interact with kitchen staff for any reason. In case of any complaint, the matter should be brought to the notice of the warden for necessary action.
- No one should convene or arrange or participate in any unauthorized meetings in the hostel or campus.
- Anyone found creating problems/mobilizing hostel students which will disturb peace inside the hostel campus will be liable for expulsion from the hostel. 8.8 Motorized Vehicle policy Any students undergoing course of MBBS in SBV are not allow not to possess or ride/drive bike or car inside the campus at any given point of time unless prescribed or advice on medical background. Students are allowed to possess non-motorized bicycles for commuting to college and other places inside the campus. Violation of the rules of vehicle policy will lead to procedures and disciplinary action.
- No student will be allowed to stay outside the hostel beyond 9.00 p.m. without prior permission of the warden and authorization by parents /local guardian.
- No member is permitted to collect money from other members on any account for any purpose without the prior permission of the warden.
- If any member falls ill the warden should be informed immediately for necessary action.
- Gambling in the hostel premises is strictly prohibited.
- Music systems, FM Radio, I pods and MP3/4 players are to be avoided in the hostel.
- Mobile phones may be used only outside of class hours. Misuse of mobile phone and laptops will be viewed seriously and confiscated if found.
- Study hours are to be maintained between 9.00 p.m. and 11.00 p.m. and silence to be maintained in the study hall from 11.00 p.m. to 6.00 a.m. No one should go over to other rooms. Attendance will be taken during study hours.
- Exhibition of posters and pamphlets and distribution of notices in the hostels are not permitted.
- No member shall put up any notice on the notice board without the warden’s permission.
- Disfigurement of hostel property, wall and damaging the hostel property in any manner are prohibited and strict disciplinary action will be taken on those found guilty.
- The hostel authorities will inspect the rooms at any time and the members shall cooperate with them.
- Any complaint regarding the amenities in the hostel should be made to the warden.
- The members should switch off the lights and fans before leaving their rooms and observe strict economy in energy consumption.
- Students are not allowed to go out of the hostel on holidays/ weekends or to their home unless otherwise it is essential or the college is closed for more than three days. Students have to submit the leave applications along with a letter from their parents. Leave will be approved by the chief warden based on the recommendations of the residential wardens. On no account, they should leave the hostel before they are permitted to do so.
- Whenever any member leaves the room, it is advised to lock the room before leaving.
- The hostel authorities will not be held responsible for any negligence on the part of the members.
- The students going out of the college campus should enter the date and time of leaving and returning to the hostel in the register available in the hostel. They are not permitted to go out of the campus after 6.00 p.m. and those who had left prior to 6.00 p.m. should return by 9.00 p.m.
- Celebrations of any kind inside the hostel without prior permission from the warden are not permitted.
- Any misconduct or indiscipline in the campus will be viewed seriously and those found guilty will be liable for expulsion from the hostel.
- A committee headed by the Dean will examine the cases of indiscipline on the part of the members and Dean’s decision will be final and binding in all respects.
- Ignorance of rules and regulations of the hostel will not be treated as an excuse for non-compliance.