UGC lays great emphasis on Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) as a part of academic flexibility vested with the deemed university. Accepting the recommendation, SBV under the deanery of Allied Health Sciences has initiated several innovative, novel and job oriented, value added courses in Allied Health Sciences, covering Health Professions Education, Yoga Therapy and Music Therapy.
SBV takes pride in starting doctoral programs in innovative and inter-disciplinary subject areas. Mention must be made of the fact that a doctoral program in Music therapy has also been promulgated to enable overseas scholars pursue doctoral studies. This is in collaboration with University of Applied Sciences, IMC, KREMS, Austria and the doctorate degree would be awarded by SBV. SBV is one among the few Indian Universities to have entered into a collaboration for facilitating doctoral research program leading to Ph.D. in Music Therapy.
The Faculty of Allied Health Sciences under SBV educates and prepares future allied health professionals with the onus on providing high quality service in association with medical professionals. This would go a long way in the realisation of the motto “Health for All”. The courses are designed in a manner that is conducive to promote the acquisition of clinical skills, communication skills and team work, besides imparting competency to handle hi-tech instrumentation and equipments.
Following are the Undergraduate courses that are presently offered at MGMCRI and SSMCRI under the ambit of Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth, for the academic year 2018-19,
- B.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology
- B.Sc. Operation Theatre Technology
- B.Sc. Anaesthesia Technology
- B.Sc. Clinical Nutrition
- B.Sc. Cardiac Care Technology
- B.Sc. Urology Technology
- B.Sc.Dialysis Technology
- B.Sc. Medical Imaging Technology
- B.Sc.Blood Banking Technology
- B.Sc.Clinical Research
- B.Sc. Physician Assistant
- B.M.R.Sc. Bachelor of Medical Record Science
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT)
Three more new courses have been planned under the Faculty of AHS to be launched inthe academic year 2019-20,
- B.Sc. Critical Care Technology
- B.Sc. Respiratory Therapy Technology
- B.Sc. Accident and Emergency Care Technology
As an innovation in the field of health professions education technology, SBV offers two Postgraduate programs and one diploma course.
- M.Sc. Clinical Nutrition
- M.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology in Clinical Chemistry
- Postgraduate Diploma in Good Clinical Laboratory Practices
In addition to the above, the following postgraduate diplomas and degrees are also being offered as innovative and job oriented courses.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Music Therapy
- Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy
- Postgraduate Diploma in Health Professions Education
- Postgraduate Diploma in Pharmacogenomics and personalized Medicine
- M.Sc. Medical Music Therapy
M.Phil. is offered under the Faculty of Allied Health Sciences in
- Health Professions Education
- Yoga Therapy
SBV offers Postgraduate Certificate programmes under the Faculty of Allied Health Sciences as follows. However, these certificates are issued under the seal and authority of the respective departments.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Health Sciences Library Information Technology
- Postgraduate Certificate in Yoga Therapy
- Postgraduate Certificate in Health Professions Education.
Upon successful completion of all the Certificate programmes within a stipulated duration at the concerned department / centre, the individual on taking the summative assessment as well as completing the project as specified therein can earn Postgraduate Diploma in the concerned area.