Patient Care Services
CMTER has established an optimum healing environment in Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth and is committed to provide music therapy as a complementary health care method with a Salutogenic focus on the physical, mental, social and spiritual health. Music therapy services are integrated along-side main stream medicine to promote healing and increase the resilience and sense of coherence to overcome disease paving the foundation for better health in future.
Music therapy services with a Salutogenic focus are imparted by qualified music therapists to adult and pediatric in-patients and out-patients registered with the departments of Medicine, ICU, catheterization labs, ICU waiting area, operation theatres and labour rooms to mention a few. The faculty of CMTER work regularly all through the week from 9 to 4 pm offering OPD music therapy consultations and also work bed-side. Around 12000 patients have been benefited by music therapy services since the inception of the center.
Some of the patient care outcomes recorded with music therapy services are
- Reduction of anxiety and pain
- Stabilizing physiological measures
- Improvement in peak flow expiratory rate
- Regularization of breathing patterns,
- Improvement in onset of sleep
- Regulation of emotions
- Reduction of crying spells
- Reduction of depressive symptoms
- Enhance self-expression,
- Improvement in cognitive abilities and
- Improvement in communication and self-esteem.
Music therapy services were also rendered to the care takers in the ICU waiting area
Total number of music therapy consultancies offered