CYTER is focusing on building research based, empirical evidence for the practice of Yoga and Yoga Therapy and to this extent has completed 22 research projects while another 10 projects are ongoing. Currently, the inter-disciplinary studies are focusing on psycho physiological effects in geriatrics, cardio-respiratory physiology, general medicine, pulmonology, nursing, dental applications, ENT disorders, ophthalmology, dermatology , obstetrics & gynecology as well as special interest groups including children with special needs, the aging population and the transgender community.
LIST OF COMPLETED RESEARCH STUDIES
- Bhavanani AB. Differential effects of uninostril and alternate nostril pranayamas on cardiovascular parameters and reaction time 2014.
- Bhavanani AB. The comparative immediate effect of different yoga asanas on heart rate and blood pressure in healthy young volunteers 2014.
- Bhavanani AB. The immediate effect of suryanamaskar on reaction time and heart rate in female volunteers 2014.
- Vasanthan S, Madanmohan T, Bhavanani AB, Hanifah M. A comparative study of the effect of yogic relaxing asanas and pranayamas on HRV and perceived stress in healthy young volunteers 2015.
- Ramanathan M. Effect of 12-weeks of yoga training on cardiorespiratory, neurological and psychological parameters in a geriatric population 2016.
- Srikanth K, Bhavanani AB. Intraocular pressure variations in forwarding bending yoga postures 2016.
- Thirusanghu S. A study to assess the effectiveness of pranayama on the level of depression among the transgender 2016.
- Ramanathan M, Bhavanani AB, Madanmohan. Effect of 4 wks yoga training on cardio-respiratory, neurological, haemato-logical & psychological parameters in nursing students 2016.
- Dutta A, Siva Green, Bhavanani AB. Assessment of fasting lipid profile in chronic kidney disease and the effect of yoga therapy 2016.
- AishwaryaSree GV, Madanmohan. Immediate Effects of Different types of Pranayams on Auditory and Visual Reaction Times 2016.
- Abhishek K, Satvinder Singh Bakshi, Bhavanani AB. The Efficacy of Bhramari Pranayama in Relieving Symptoms of Chronic Rhinosinusitis – A Randomized Study 2016.
- Raghul S, Vasanthan S, Bhavanani AB. Effect of overnight sleep deprivation on Autonomic Function Test and Perceived Stress in young healthy volunteers 2016.
- Artchoudane S, Bhavanani AB, Meena Ramanathan, Pajanivel R. Effect of a comprehensive yoga therapy module on the pulmonary function and quality of life in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) 2017.
- Balaji R, Bhavanani AB, Meena Ramanathan, Pajanivel, R, Karthik Balachander. A study of the effectiveness of adjuvant yoga therapy in diabetic lung 2017.
- SamayAjmera, Sumathy Sundar, Amirtha Ganesh, Bhavanani AB, Dayanidy G. A Comparative Study of the Effect of Music and combination of Music and Yoga interventions on physiological and psychological parameters in patients posted for the angiogram 2017.
- Parameshwar P, Ramalakshmi V, Meena Ramanathan. The effectiveness of selected yogasanas on menopausal symptoms among menopausal women in kirumampakkam, Pondicherry 2018.
- Vasundhara VR, Meena Ramanathan, Bhavanani AB, Seetesh Goshe. The immediate effect of Pranava Pranayama on fetal and maternal cardiovascular parameters 2018.
- Suriyakumar, Eswaran, BhavananiAB, Sukanto Sarkar, Sivaprakash B. The effect of adjunctive yoga therapy in depressive disorders: a randomised study 2018.
- Eswari R, Prathima GS, Sanguida A, Ramanathan M. Comparative evaluation of the effectiveness of tooth brushing training methods with or without yoga as an adjuvant in children with an autism spectrum disorder 2018
- Deepika K, Prabavathy S, Meena Ramanathan. Effectiveness of selected limbs of Ashtanga yoga on self-esteem and depression among male inmates in central prison, kalapet at pondicherry.
- Kiaan Gupta, Bhavanani AB, Meena Ramanathan, Sukanto Sarkar. Effect of adjuvant yoga therapy on psychological parameters in participants of an alcohol de-addiction program
- Balaji R, Bhavanani AB, Meena Ramanathan, Sukanto Sarkar. Role of yoga as an adjuvant training in management of craving, anxiety & stress in patients with alcohol dependency syndrome: RCT