The 20th Institutional Ethics Committee meet was held on 6th & 7th July 2022 at the Conference hall, 7th floor, IGIDS. The team of 5 internal members and 9 external members reviewed and scrutinized 70 research projects including 26 PG dissertations, 17 PG short studies, 8 UG- ICMR-STS projects, 3 UG short studies, and 11 faculty projects & 5 Ph.D. Nursing projects of KGNC, SBV.
The internal members were:
- Sanguida. A (Member Secretary),
- Sathyanarayanan. R Prof. & Head, Oral Surgery,
- Santha Devy. A Prof. & Head, Oral Pathology,
- Jagat Reddy. R C, Prof. & Head, Oral Medicine
- Dhanavel. C Prof. & Head, Conservative Dentistry.
The external members were:
- Madhavan Nirmal. R, Professor, Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology, Government Dental College, Cuddalore (Annamalai University),
- Shakila. R Professor, Department of Prosthodontics, Mahatma Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Dental Sciences, Puducherry,
- Siva Ranganathan Green Prof. General Medicine, MGMCRI,
- Padmavathi. S, Prof. Pharmacology, MGMCRI.
- Uma Devi. S, Prof. Microbiology, MGMCRI,
- Srinivasan. N, Lecturer cum Medical Social Worker, Dept. of Community Medicine, RMMCH Annamalai University,
- Swaminathan. L Advocate, Puducherry,
- Ezhumalai. G, Sr.Statistician & Research Consultant, SBV
- Priya Felix Philip, Student Counsellor, SBV.
The research projects were thoroughly scrutinized and screened for ethical concerns and comments from members were noted.