A Team of five faculties (Dr. Senthil, Dr. Selvabalaji, Dr. Karthikeyan, Dr. Ramesh and Dr. Tamil Murali Krishnan) from IGIDS, SBV, volunteered the Himalayan Dental Project at Leh, Ladakh, Jammu & Kashmir held from 1 st July to 15 th July 2016 for the second time. The team worked at Lamdon Dental Clinic to provide Incremental Dental Care for Lamdon group of schools run by Tibet Dynasty.
The following are the salient features of project.
- Letter of Agreement was signed with Mr. Bill Kite, Project Director, for yearly participation in the Himalayan Dental Project by a team of experienced faculties from IGIDS, SBV.
- Govt. of Jammu & Kashmir recognized the team of dentist from IGIDS & issued a Govt. order to provide dental services at Himalayan Dental Project.
- The school management invited the team from IGIDS as special guest for Dalai Lama’s birthday celebration at school presided by a Rimpochee from Tibet.
- Oral Health Screening & Education was done to children and teachers of 5 Lamdon schools in Ladakh.
- The total number of school children and teachers covered in this project are 850 and they were provided comprehensive oral health care at Lamdon dental clinic.
- Dental Health Education aid was donated to the school and school teacher training program on oral health was also provided in this project.