- Applied basic sciences knowledge regarding etiology, diagnosis and management of the prevention, promotion and treatment of all the oral conditions at the individual and community level.
- Identify social, economic, environmental and emotional determinants in a given individual patient or a community for the purpose of planning and execution of Community Oral Health Program.
- Ability to conduct Oral Health Surveys in order to identify all the oral health problems affecting the community and find solutions using multi – disciplinary approach.
- Ability to act as a consultant in community Oral Health, teach, guide and take part in research (both basic and clinical), present and publish the outcome at various scientific conferences and journals, both national and international level.
The candidate should be able to
- Take history, conduct clinical examination including all diagnostic procedures to arrive at diagnosis at the individual level and conduct survey of the community at state and national level of all conditions related to oral health to arrive at community diagnosis.
- Plan and perform all necessary treatment, prevention and promotion of Oral Health at the individual and community level.
- Plan appropriate Community Oral Health Program, conduct the program and evaluate, at the community level.
- Ability to make use of knowledge of epidemiology to identify causes and plan appropriate preventive and control measures.
- Develop appropriate person power at various levels and their effective utilization.
- Conduct survey and use appropriate methods to impart Oral Health Education.
- Develop ways of helping the community towards easy payment plan, and followed by evaluation for their oral health care needs.
- Develop the planning, implementation, evaluation and administrative skills to carry out successful community Oral Health Programs.
- Adopt ethical principles in all aspects of Community Oral Health Activities.
- To apply ethical and moral standards while carrying out epidemiological researches.
- Develop communication skills, in particular to explain the causes and prevention of oral diseases to the patient.
- Be humble and accept the limitations in his knowledge and skill and to ask for help from colleagues when needed and promote teamwork approach.
- Respect patient’s rights and privileges including patients right to information and right to seek a second opinion.