What is unique about us?
We are a pioneer Health Sciences Deemed University in the country to offer a stream of innovative courses in health professions education, exclusively based on Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) recommended by the UGC/NAAC as a path-breaking reform
Our courses range from short Certificate Courses to Diploma in Health Professions Education (PGDHPE), M Phil Programme (all credit based), leading to Ph D in health professions education (External and Internal)
We emphasize inter-professional education. We cater to the needs of teachers (medical, dental, nursing and allied health sciences) who wish to pursue higher degree in health professions education and develop educational scholarship.
There is tremendous flexibility in pursuing these courses based on the CBCS pattern. One can enter or exit at various levels, depending upon the availability of time and career aspiration.
All our courses are based on “Heutagogy model” in which the participants are self-determined and pursue collaborative learning.
Vision of CHPE
- To emerge as one of the leaders in Health Professions Education in the country.
- To develop a cadre of health professions educators and leaders across the health profession, who are competent and willing to meet the future challenges in the health sector [Core value – Innovation]
- To support faculty development programs across SBV Institutes [Core value -Leadership].
- To emerge as one of the Centres of Excellence in Health Professions Education in the country by promoting faculty development, educational research, networking and scholarly activities in HPE [Core value – Excellence]
- To foster inter-professional education in health profession[Core value –Teamwork/ Collaboration]
Institute of Health Professions Education (IHPE), is committed to develop as a leader in health professions education in the country by 2025.
Our core values are –Innovation, Leadership, Excellence and Collaboration and Team work
MILESTONES REACHED BY THE CENTRE
- Establishment of SBV Academy for Health Professions Education And Development (SBV AHEAD)
- National Seminar on Recent Advances in Health Professional Education 19/7/2013(10 CME Credit Points) - Special Issue of Annals of SBV (January – June 2013)
- May 2013 to March 2014: Systematic fortnightly ToT on Educational Science for Dental educators of IGIDS over 9 months followed by the selection of Core Group for DEU ("The Navarathnas") to undergo Master Training in conducting Faculty Development programmes.
The start up
- Launching of PG Diploma in Health Professions Education
- National Expert Committee meeting on 23/5/2014 to formulate guidelines on "Objectivising Examinations in MBBS Course" for placing it before MCI for consideration.
- Enrolled first batch of Ph D
- Shifting of PGDHPE to Credit-Based PGDHPE and Designing M Phil
- Completion of first batch of PGDHPE (10)
- Launching of M Phil first batch (7)
- National Conference on Changing Trends in Health Professions Education – NC CTHPE 18-20/8/2016(30 CME Credit Points by (TNMGRMU )
- Formal establishment of Centre of Health Professions Education
- Special Issue of Annals of SBV January on HPE: January - June 2017
- National Conference on Motivation, Inspiration and Millennial’s Engagement Conference (MIME-CON 2017) (10 CME Credit points) 16/9/2017 in collaboration with Medical Education Unit, MGMCRI
- Completion of second batch of PGDHPE
- ICON 2018 Authentic Learning Experiences for the 21st Century Medicos organized by MEU, MGMCRI in collaboration 29-30, June 2018
- Submission stage of two Ph D thesis and Synopsis of two Ph D scholars
- Completion of first M Phil batch subject to final assessment