International Student Support Cell
Services of the Cell
- Meet and greet service for international students.
- Providing a Mentor
- Facilitating immigration issues.
- Facilitating Information from Registrar’s office in university to obtain the required permit for the Foreigner’s Regional Registration Office (FRRO) and required documents.
- Information/ advice on the admission process.
- Information for Visa Application and processing.
- Information on travel and hostel accommodation
- Grievance redressal/Crisis assistance.
- Provision for health and welfare.
- General counseling and advice.
- Promote Cultural understanding through interactive events and diverse activities
CATEGORIES OF INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Foreign Nationals: Citizens of all countries except Nepal and Bhutan require a Student Visa for the duration of their study. They are requested to contact the nearest Indian Mission / Embassy/ High Commission for obtaining their student / research / internship visa.
Foreign Nationals with Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) status: The students with OCI status do not require a visa or any other formality.
NRI / NRI Sponsored Indian Nationals: NRI / NRI sponsored students do not require any other formalities including visa.
NRI Sponsored Category: A ‘Non – NRI’ candidate may also apply under ‘NRI Sponsored category’, if the candidate fulfills the clause and conditions notified by the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India vide its order passed in W.P. (C ) No.689 of 2017 dated 22/08/2017.