Department of nursing foundation
The Department of Nursing Foundation was developed in the year 2003 with the team of efficient faculty members. Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth University Is a deemed university emerged into the educational service from 2009 and our institution gaily works under this university. As like a mother helps the crawling child to walk, Nursing foundation has taken a great parade with the eminent faculty members in all cadres function from the beginning deliberately, dedicated with the team spirit till date aiming to bring our Institution as best out of all nursing colleges in and around the nation. Our Spirit will continue forever….
PRIMARY FUNCTION OF THE DEPARTMENT
The primary function of the department is to lay a basic foundation in Nursing Education and Nursing Practice which is essentially incorporated in the comprehensive health care of patients.
- Plan, implement and evaluate the programme.
- Impart quality education to all the students in the department.
- Apply innovative teaching strategies that enhance the learning outcome of the students.
- Ensure excellent academic performance in theory and practical examination.
- Facilitate self-development in participating through Journal Club and Integrated Teaching Programme.
- Conduct periodical evaluation of the students.
- Prepare the students to develop a desirable attitude and skill in providing comprehensive Health Care of Patients.
- Conduct clinical demonstration, bedside clinic, Viva voce, spotters, health education, etc.
- Evaluate the clinical performance and record book.
- Provide hands-on training to the students.
- Provide intensive training in the areas of the medical ward, surgical ward, orthopedic ward, Post OP ward, and OPD.
- Department of Nursing Foundation enables the students to gain adequate knowledge regarding basic procedures relevant to Nursing Foundation.
- Develop desirable attitude and skill in applying the recent trends of the nursing process with appropriate scientific principles in the care of patients with general ill health.