OBSTETRICS AND GYNECOLOGY NURSING
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecological Nursing offers a unique combination of challenges, opportunities and aims to excel in the field of nursing education and research contributing to a wide range of care for women and children. The department provides courses for UG and PG students related to obstetrics and gynecological nursing within the framework of the curriculum plan in the college of nursing and expands academic excellence through collaborative research by meeting the national and international standards. This Department priorly focuses on nursing care for women from puberty to menopause. It renders incredible opportunity for student nurses to provide services to women during pregnancy, labor and childbirth, as well as women with health issues. Along with providing routine and emergency care to mothers, we also train them to be responsible for the initial stabilization and care of the newborn immediately after birth. The department takes pride in quality teaching.
The faculty values integrity, uprightness, honesty, frankness, personal excellence, constructive self- criticism, continual self-improvement, mutual respect and have a passion to serve with high performance through corporate and clinical governance to achieve best outcomes for students.
OUR VALUES AND AIMS
- The aim of the OBG department is to enrich the lives of women and children by offering the most effective nursing education to professionals towards optimizing the health of women and children in the ever-changing health care environment.
- To provide the best exclusive education, practice, and research related to OBG Nursing.
- To deliver high-quality evidence-based nursing interventions which are associated with critical thinking and effective communication are vital for designing the nursing process to render patient-focused service to the mother and child.
- The faculty members are establishing professionalism, knowledge and competence among students on par with the international trends in the specialized fields.
- Impart quality education to the students in the field of Obstetrics and Gynecological Nursing.
- Apply innovative teaching strategies that enhance the progress of the students.
- Prepare students to provide family-centered comprehensive care to reproductive age group women and neonates.
- Ensure excellent academic performance and overall development of students in both clinical and theory.
- Participate actively in the promotion of independent and collaborative research.
- Facilitate faculty development through CNE, Journal Club, ITP, SAF, orientation and refresher courses, seminar, workshop, and conferences.
- Encourage the faculty to present scientific papers/research papers at the conference at the national and international level.
- Motivate the faculty members and students to publish articles in the National and International Journals.
- Encourage the students to participate actively in curriculum and co-curriculum activities.
INNOVATIVE TEACHING METHODS