Dietics and Nutrition
Nutrition & Dietetics plays a pivotal role in the field of health and fitness.
Nutritionists or dieticians help in promotion of good health through corrective food habits. They assist people in planning their food habits based on their work routine, sickness and age and educate and counsel them about healthy eating.
The role of nutritionists and dieticians include the following:
- Planning nutrition and food programmes.
- Supervision of meal prepared for patients in the hospital
- Recommending dietary modifications to patients
- Educating them on diets that help in improving their condition
- Working with health professionals for offering multidisciplinary healthcare approach
- Informing on the severity of complications and illness of treatment, inclusive of burdens and benefits of feeding in all conceivable routes
Establishment of the Department
The department of dietetics was established in the year 2004. It is one of the essential departments providing the healthy and nutritious diet to all the in patients as per the diet advice given by concerned dietitians. Free diet is given to all patients admitted in general needs.
The central kitchen is located on the east side of the campus in between hostel and laundry. It is well connected with all the departments of the hospital which is helpful for easy distribution of diet to all wards.
For Parental and entral nutrition
We have to supply liquid diet separately which is in pantry division.