Patient care services offered
The Department of Cardiology provides comprehensive end-to-end cardiac care, comprising of Interventional Cardiology, Non-Interventional Cardiology, and Intensive Cardiac Care Unit. Equipped with ICCU, Non-invasive Cardiac Lab, and State-of-the-art PHILIPS FD 10 Flat Panel Catheterization Laboratory, 128 Slice Coronary CT Scan,3D Echocardiography, and Transesophageal Echocardiography, Tread Mill Test, Holter Monitoring & Loop recorders. Expert Cardiologists team which has a collective global experience of more than 5,000 Cardiac procedures with a very success rate of 99% and CTVS team.
Services provided by the department which includes
- Comprehensive diagnostic and interventions in the field of structural heart disease,
- Coronary artery disease,
- Congenital heart disease,
- Peripheral vascular diseases
- Coronary Interventions,
- Peripheral Interventions,
- Cardiac Rhythm Management,
- Valvular Interventions &Valvular Surgery,
- Congenital cardiac surgery and Thoracic and vascular surgery,
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (CABG) CABG by beating heart technique LIMA – RIMA – Y technique, Emergency and urgent CABG,
- Cardiac tumor removal
- Cardio Surgeries such as coronary artery bypass surgery (Both on Pump and off Pump), Valve replacements/repair, surgical repair of congenital heart diseases like ASD, VSD, PDA, CO-ARC, etc.
- Vascular Surgeries such as Thrombectomy and bypass grafting, A-V Fistulae and Venous intervention including varicose, veins-venous bypass surgeries.
- Thoracic Surgeries such as open and thoracoscopic procedures including Lobectomy and decortication procedures.
- Availability of well trained & experienced cardiologists 24X7 for management of any emergent cardiac problem
- 24 hrs functioning fully equipped cardiac cath lab with dedicated staff to handle critically ill cardiac patients
- Round the clock availability of cardiologists to perform primary angioplasties in patients with heart attack
- Apart from daily outpatient consultation between 8.30 AM to 1PM we have dedicated subspecialty clinics
- Post PCI clinic – for patients who had already underwent angioplasties
- Heart failure clinic _ to optimize drugs/ provide rehabilitation to patients with heart failure
- Post structural intervention clinic – for those who had underwent valvuloplasty /device closure for ASD,VSD & PDA
- Advanced 3D/4D ECHO lab
- Tread mill test
- Holter monitoring
- Coronary angiogram – to detect occlusion of vessels supplying the heart
- Daycare coronary angiogram: walk in & walk out the same day
- Elective coronary angioplasties – more than 500 angioplasties (including primary, rescue, complex & high risk) being performed annually
- Pacemaker implantation, valvuloplasties are also performed with a high success rate
M.B.B.S, M.D(General Medicine), D.N.B (Cardiology), F.SCAI.