The Alliance Française de Pondichéry (af), a non-profit association, was created in 1889, among the first Alliances in the world – after the one in Paris – and the first one founded in India. Its purpose is to promote the French language and culture and to foster understanding between India and France by developing cultural exchanges between the two countries. Its action is independent of any political, religious or commercial influence or aim. It offers language courses and cultural activities, as well as related activities (translation service, exam preparation, etc.). (Source: Alliance Francaise de Pondicehrry)
Sharing the ethos of both the institutions, Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth (SBV), Deemed to be University, accredited by NAAC with A ++ has joined hands with The Alliance Française de Pondichéry (af) to accomplish:-
- Education: French classes to students of SBV who desire to pursue higher education or embark on career in France.
- Skill Development: SBV will impart skills to stake holders from af in the realms of Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Career Guidance: SBV would provide logistic support in the conduct of career guidance programmes to the students of SBV by af.
- Science club: SBV will host the resource persons towards the conduct of nodal activities in the appreciation of science and the sustenance of an optimal eco system.
- Competency Development programme: SBV and af would work in a concerted manner towards jointly organizing competency development programmes namely Lectures, conferences and Continuing Education programmes.
Endorsing the above vision, delegates from both the institutions agreed upon a Memorandum of Understanding on 8th February 2023 at SBV, represented by Dr. Satish Nallam, President, Alliance Francaise, Mr. Laurent JALICOUS, Director, Alliance Francaise, Prof. Subhash Chandra Parija, Vice Chancellor, Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth in the presence of senior functionaries from both the institutions.