Candidates aspiring for admission to the course are required to fulfill the following minimum eligibility criteria:
- Post-graduation (MD), completed from an institute recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) or any of the State Medical Councils.
- MD needs to have been completed in any of General Medicine and Cardiology.
- A minimum aggregate score of 55% (50% for SC/ST/OBC candidates) at the level of post-graduation.
- 1- year compulsory rotating internship.
- Preferably, a minimum of 12 months of professional experience, as most reputed institutes prefer candidates with work experience.