Community Health Nursing
Community Health Nursing is one of the clinical specialty in the nursing profession. Community Health Nursing department provides the service to the public with a variety of activities that make community and primary health nursing come to life. The department creates a natural learning environment that facilitates all-round development for learners and is responsible to the needs of the individual, family, and community in rural and urban settings.
The Department of Community Health Nursing has a sound infrastructure and learning resources, Rural Health & Training Center at Sembakkam and Urban Health & Training Centre at Tiruporur to meet the academic needs of the students both in theory and practice.
Class Room Facilities
The department provides a pleasant and dynamic environment for the students with adequate seating, lighting, ventilation and AV aids like OHP, LCD, models, charts and document camera.
Separate community health nursing lab facility is available, and it has adequate community bags that improve the skills of the students and students gain firsthand experience before they are posted in the community area.
Services / Activities
- Health care services being rendered to adopted areas of both Urban and Rural Health and Training Centre of SSSMCRI.
- Urban health centre –Tiruporur with the basic facility to treat minor ailments and special clinics like Dermatology, OBG, ENT, Dental and General health clinic.
- Rural health centre – Sembakkam with the basic facility to treat minor ailments and special clinics like Dermatology, Pediatrics, OG, ENT, Dental and General health clinic.
- Conduct free Eye and Dental camps regularly at schools in adopted villages.
- Awareness Rally related to Vital Days.