Guidelines for Paper & Poster Presentation
Dear faculty and postgraduates,
- The organising team of ISACON Puducherry 2023 invites you to submit your research work for the scientific paper and poster sessions to be conducted during the conference.
- There will be a preliminary online presentation in the second week of September and the podium presentation of the best five papers and posters selected on the afternoon of October 1, 2023.
Rules & Regulations
- Only ISA members are eligible to present papers and posters.
- Conference registration is mandatory for paper/ poster presentations.
- All authors in the paper must be ISA members except for non-anaesthesiologists.
- The first author should only be the presenting author.
- A maximum of four authors are allowed for paper/poster.
- Abstract of Papers and posters should be submitted by midnight on August 31, 2023. Submissions must be on time to be accepted.
- The abstract should be limited to 250 words.
- The abstract should be structured for original articles, containing the sections’ background/introduction, materials and methods, results, discussion and conclusion.
- For case reports and case series, the abstract should be in the form of an introduction, case report and discussion and, if possible conclusion.
- Papers should not have been published or accepted for publication in any journal or have been presented at any conference as on the presenting date in the meeting.
- The scientific committee will review all abstracts, and the final decision of allowing the presentation at the conference by the committee is binding.
- The acceptance of the paper for presentation will be sent to the first author after one week after the last date for submission of the abstracts.
- The presentation schedule and Zoom link will be shared tentatively by September 11th, 2023.
- Authors can upload multiple papers for different sessions.
- Authors must mention their email address and phone number for communication.
- Abstracts stating “data will be discussed in the presentation” will not be accepted.
- Dissertations with sample size completion greater than 50 % can be submitted as free papers.
- Puducherry postgraduates’ best papers and posters must be presented on “ Research Day”, to be conducted in the second week of September at the IGMCRI auditorium for nomination to the national conference.
- Nomination to “ ISA Ludhiana Best Poster National Award and Travelling Grants” for Puducherry postgraduates will only be from research papers presented as posters.
- For any queries regarding poster and paper presentation – Contact Dr Sanjeev – Mobile 9150066571/ WhatsApp 9489566571
General Guidelines for Papers and e-Posters
- The slide should contain the logo of ISA apart from their institutional logo. No other logo is allowed in the slides.
- The time limit is 8 minutes for the presentation and 2 minutes for assessment by the judges.
- The time limit should be followed strictly.
The presentation should include the prescribed format for that category, such as introduction, methods, results, discussion, conclusion, references, etc.
E – poster presentation
Title of the Poster
- It is recommended to keep the poster’s title as in the submitted abstract. A slight modification which does not change the idea of the abstract is also allowed.
Poster size and format
- The poster must be submitted in PDF format.
- It is recommended to make your poster in PowerPoint (Landscape or Portrait) and then save it as a PDF before submission.
Use these dimension guidelines in your software:
Landscape 36” high x 48” wide (Go to “Design” option in PowerPoint > Select “Slide Size” > Select “Custom Size” > Select 36” high x 48” wide > Select “Maximize fit”; the last option available in recent versions of PowerPoint)
Title: 80 pts, bolded
Author & affiliations: 40-50pts
Headings: 54-60 pts
Body Text: 32-40 pts
References: 16-18 pts
Figures: Should be of high definition
GIF images can be included in E – posters