SBV Website Terms, Conditions & Policies
SBV Website Terms, Conditions & Policies
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The information and content on Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth Website (sbvu.ac.in) and its constituent Medical, Dental, Nursing Colleges, Faculty of Allied Health Sciences, Faculty of School of Pharmacy and Centers are provided for convenience only and general educational information and are not intended as medical advice nor to replace the relationship that is had with Healthcare Professionals. SBV is committed to safeguarding the privacy of individuals whose personal data is collected and processed by SBV and we do not sell or trade the personal data or personally identifiable information, but may be share with third parties who assist SBV in conducting the business of operating the website or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. This policy applies to all students, parents, visitors and other individuals who provide their personal data to the Institutions.
- By accessing the website, it is assumed that you have read and accept the terms and conditions in full and you will not continue to use the website if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated herein. The terms are an enforceable agreement between SBV and you, the user of the sites, whether you are a Student, Faculty Member, Staff Member, Alumnus, Group Association, Corporation, Patient, Caregiver, Physician, Referring Physician or other Individual or Organization. Terms such as “we”, “our” and “us” refer to SBV. “You” and “your” refers to “you”. “Party”, “Parties” or “us” refers to both the client and ourselves or either the client or ourselves. SBV reserves the right to modify the terms at any time in its sole discretion, and will publish notice of any such modification in this site and the terms so modified will be effective immediately upon posting. By continuing to access the site after SBV posts notification of modify terms, you are deemed to be bound by and to comply with them. In case you do not agree to the terms, please do not enter the sites. If you are not 18 years of age, a parent or guardian may agree to be bound by the terms on your behalf.
- These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and SBV and govern your use of the service, superseding any prior agreements between you and SBV. You may also be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use affiliate services, third party content or third party software.
- Our relationship with you is subject to Indian Law and exclusive Jurisdiction and Indian Courts.
- Any failure by SBV to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
2. MEDICAL INFORMATION
- If you are experiencing a medical emergency, you should not rely on any information on the site and should seek appropriate emergency medical assistance and should always to your health care professionals for diagnosis and treatment, including information regarding drugs or treatment which may be appropriate to you.
- The names, marks, logos, seals, devices and designs associated with SBV and its constituent colleges or SBV trademarks and all other trademarks or service marks appearing on the site or trademarks, service marks or logos of their respective owners. You may not use SBV trademarks without valid, return authorization from SBV and in a manner which may be likely to cause confusion about the source of any product or service and which falsely implies or represents that SBV sponsors, endorses or is affiliated to third party activity.
4. CODE OF CONDUCT FOR USE OF SITE
You agree not to use the site or any other SBV computing resources to engage in any of the following conduct –
- Interfering with the operation of the sites or restricting or inhibiting any other user from using and enjoying the sites and services.
- Posting or otherwise transmitting any unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, libelous, defamatory or similarly objectionable or harmful material or information of any kind.
- Posting or transmitting SBV material for commercial or partisan political purposes.
- Posting or otherwise transmitting information or software that contains virus or other harmful or disruptive component that may compromise the security of the site.
- Posting or transmitting and using materials in violation of another party’s copyright, privacy, publicity or other proprietary right or the terms of any contractual agreement or fiduciary relationship.
- Copying, scraping, downloading, exporting or otherwise capturing any data obtained via the sites without proper written authorization by SBV.
- Modifying, adopting, sublicensing, translating, selling, reverse engineering, decompiling or disassembling any posture of the site.
- Misrepresenting your identity or otherwise transferring user account information to any person other than the registered user authorized by SBV to use such account.
- Accessing any portion of the site to which you have not been explicitly granted access.
- Otherwise using the site or services, information and content in violation of the terms or applicable laws.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY INDEMNITY
- SBV and its Officers, Trustees, Employees, Representatives and Agents are not liable for any claim of any nature whatsoever based on loss or injury caused by errors, omissions, interruptions or inaccuracies in the site or a many service, information or content available on or through the site, including loss of injury that result from your breach of any provisions of the terms.
- Under no circumstances will SBV are its Trustees, Employees, etc. be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or exemplary damages arising in any way out of or in connection with your use of any site or any services, information or content available on or through the site or the terms however caused.
- You agree to Indemnify, defend and hold SBV and its Officers, Trustees, Employees, Representatives and Agents harmless from and against any and all third party claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs or other expenses that arise directly or indirectly out of or from –
- Your breach of the terms
- Your violations of the Code of Conduct mentioned above
- Your activities in connection with any site or site related services.
- SBV reserves the right, at its own expenses, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which it is entitled to indemnification. You agree to provide SBV with whatever cooperation it reasonably requests.
6. THE ENTIRE AGREEMENT
- These terms constitutes the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between SBV and you regarding the site, application services and content, which supersede and replace any and all prior oral or written understanding or agreements between SBV.
7. TERMS FOR ONLINE NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL PAYMENTS
- The terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment. Necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings or a fix duration or any other means, whether formal meetings of a fixed duration or any other means for the express purpose of meeting the client’s needs in respect of provisions of SBV’s stated service / products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing laws in India.
- Once a user as accepted the terms and conditions, he / she may register and avail the services and products offered on SBV’s Website. SBV’s rights, obligations, undertakings shall be subject to the laws in force in India as well as any directives / procedures of Government of India.
- These terms and conditions will constitute the entire agreement between the user and SBV, which supersede all prior or contemporary communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written.
- The entries in the books of accounts of SBV and / or the Payments Service Providers kept in the ordinary course of business of SBV and / or the Payments Service Providers with regard to transactions covered under these terms and conditions and matters therein shall be binding on the user and shall be conclusive proof of the genuineness and accuracy of the transaction.
- No cancellations are allowed once the fees are paid and SBV will not refund any amount in case of fee cancellation. In case of any queries relating to duplicate processing, cancellation of admission / postponement, the user shall immediately approach SBV with details. Such refund if any shall be affected by SBV via payment gateway or by means of demand draft or as may be appropriate. As a Rule refund of fees against cancellation is not separate. Transaction fees levied on transactions will not be refunded / reversed.
- As per the terms and conditions, the term “charge back” shall mean approved and settled credit card or net banking purchased transactions which are at any time refused, debited or charged back to user account which shall also include similar debits to Payment Service Provider’s Accounts if any, together with the bank fees, penalties and other charges incidental thereto.
- In case of server slow down / session time out, the user shall, before initiating the second payment, check whether his/her bank account has been debited or not. The user agrees that the Payment Gate way Service Provider shall not be held responsible for any fraudulent / duplicate transactions.
- SBV has made the service available to the user as a matter of convenience and SBV expressly disclaims any claim or liability arising out of the provisions of this service and user shall be solely responsible for his/her conduct and SBV reserves the right to terminate the rights to use of the service immediately without notice.
- SBV and / or Payment Service Providers shall not be liable for any inaccuracy, error or delay in or omission of (a) any data, information or message or (b) the transmission or delivery of such data, information or message or (c) any loss or damage arising from or occasioned by any such inaccuracy, error, delay or omission, non-performance or interruption in any such data, information or message. Under no circumstances SBV and / or the Payment Service Providers shall be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever in any way connected with any inadequacy or deficiency in the provision of the services resulting from unauthorized access or alteration of transmissions of data or arising from suspension or termination of services.
- SBV and Payment Service Provider assume no liability whatsoever for any monetary or other damages suffer by the user on account of (a) delay, failure, interruption or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of the payment gate way or services in connection thereto and / or (b) any interruption or errors of the operation of the Payment Gateway.
- The user shall indemnify and hold harmless the Payment Service Provider and SBV from any claim or demand for actions arising out of or in connection with the utilization of services.
- The user agrees that SBV or any of its employees will not be held liable by the user for any loss or damages arising from your use of or reliance upon the information contained on the website or any failure to comply with these terms and conditions where such failure is due to circumstances beyond SBV’s reasonable control.
- The user may be required to create his / her own User ID and Password in order to register and / or use the services provided by the SBV on the website. By accepting these terms and conditions the user agrees that his / her User ID and Password are important pieces of information and it shall be the User’s owned responsibilities to keep them secure and confidential and the User agrees to choose a new password, whenever required for security reasons, keep his / her User ID and Password strictly confidential and be responsible for any transactions made by the User under User ID and Password. The User is informed that SBV will never ask the User for the User’s Password in an unsolicited phone call or an unsolicited email.
8. DEBIT CARD / CREDIT CARD, BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS & PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The User agrees that the Debit / Credit Card details provided by him/her for use of the aforesaid services must be correct and accurate and that the User shall not use a Debit / Credit Card that is not lawfully owned by him/her or the use of which is not authorized by the lawful owner hereof.
- The User may make payment by using a Debit / Credit Card or through Online Banking Account.
- The User is fully and unlawfully entitled to use such Debit / Credit Card, Bank Account for such transactions and is accurate. The User is responsible to ensure sufficient credit is available on the nominated card / bank account at the time of making the payment.
- User agrees that to the extent required or permitted by law, SBV or the Payment Service Provider may also collect, use and disclose personal information in connection with security related or law enforcement investigations or in the course of cooperating with authorities.
- The User agrees that any communication sent by the User vide email shall imply release of information therein / therewith to SBV and User agrees to be contacted via email on such mails initiated by him/her. By entering the website the User consents to the terms of SBV, information private policy and to SBV continued use of previously collected information.
- The User acknowledges and agrees that his / her information will be managed in accordance with the laws from time to time.
9. COPYRIGHT AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- In consideration of your agreement to the terms, where authorized SBV grants you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferrable permission to view, access and use the sites. You may also credit a reasonable number of copies of information and content available on or through the site for your personal, non-commercial and educational use only, provided that you produce all copyright, trademark and proprietary notices and you comply with all terms or restrictions that may be applicable to that material.
- By accessing, downloading or printing information and content for many site, you agree that there is not explicit or implicit transfer of ownership rights, and any and all rights, title and interest in and to the site, including all services, information and content available on or through the site, and all intellectual property rights, including copyright, trademark, patent and trade secret rights therein, shall remain with SBV.
- In case of any complaints about the website, SBV would appreciate your feedbacks in order to improve the services please email to firstname.lastname@example.org and your comments will be considered.
- In case of any dispute, the same will be resolved bilaterally and if not the Court of Puducherry will have Jurisdiction.