Journal club of Shri Sathya Sai college of Nursing was started in 2019 in SSSCON for sharing the knowledge of recent trends in Patient care, emerging diseases, Nursing Research findings and familiar with best clinical research for the Students’ and Faculty.
- To Generate New Ideas in Evidence-Based Practice.
- To create awareness on recent trends in Nursing Practice, Education and Research.
- To improve standards in Nursing Practice.
- Enhancing fluency in communication and eliminate the fear of the students by presentations.
- Providing an opportunity for Undergraduate students’ and Faculty to come up with innovative ideas for developing their own paper.
- Recuperating the skills in literature critique and appraisal.
- Journal club is conducted during the third week of every month.
- Faculty and undergraduate students do their presentation on a review of Emerging Diseases, Case Report, Innovation, Clinical Research and Education in the field of Nursing.
- Pretest and post-test are being carried out.
- Faculty provide guidance for students’ presentation.
- Provision of feedback on critical assessment of the literature and presentation skill.
Resolutions of Journal club
- To include all the new faculty in the journal club for presenting articles.
- Every year, students must have conferred three articles/analysis paper within the club before their examination. Monthly report to be submitted to the convener.
The student gains confidence and has improved self-interest by participating in academic activities and received various awards and recognition in the presentation. Students and Faculty develop their own paper and publish in various National and International Journals.