INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS
ADMISSION TO PHD
“The list of Provisionally Selected Candidates for Admission into the Ph.D. Program of 2022 – 23 Batch“
ADMISSIONS TO Ph.D. PROGRAMME FOR 2022-2023 (December Batch)
INFORMATION BROCHURE FOR ADMISSION TO Ph.D. PROGRAMME FOR 2022-2023 (December Batch)
ADMISSIONS TO Ph.D. PROGRAMME FOR 2021-2022 (December Batch)
Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth (SBV) invites applications in the prescribed form for admission to Ph.D. in Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences as Full Time / Part Time in the following disciplines offered at its constituent teaching units and its centres,
FACULTY OF MEDICINE, DENTISTRY, PHARMACY, INTERDISCIPLINARY RESEARCH – 136
|Forensic Medicine||02||Cardiology||01||Faculty of Dentistry||10|
|Gen. Medicine||02||Neuro Surgery||01|
• SBV is listed under section 12 B of the UGC Act, 1956 enabling candidates with valid Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) from UGC / CSIR / ICMR / DBT / DST / GATE / AYUSH / INSPIRE / NET, etc for admission to PhD programme.
• PhD Scholars registered with SBV will be encouraged to pursue a part of their PhD programme at Vector Control Research Institute (ICMR – VCRC), Pondicherry, French Institute, Pondicherry and other institutes of repute, under the MoUs signed between SBV and other institutes.
• Such of those candidates desiring to join in Interdisciplinary Research can choose from Bio-statistics, Human Genetics, Molecular Diagnostics, Drug discovery and Development, Plasma Medicine, Biomaterials, Microbial Biotechnology, Genomics, Proteomics, Medical devices, Artificial Intelligence, Transgender research, Music Therapy research, Yoga Therapy research and Traditional Medicine.
NABL accredited molecular diagnostic laboratories, Centre for Healthcare Artificial Intelligence and Research (CHAIR), Zebra Fish Facility, Small Animal Research Facility, American Heart Association approved Medical Simulation Centre, Advanced Surgical Training and Research Academy (ASTRA), DSIR approved Inter-disciplinary Research Facility, CDSCO approved Clinical Trial Centre, Sleep Lab, Transplantation facility, Cell Therapy facility, Cell Culture facility, karyotyping facility.
ANNOUNCEMENT ON M.V.K.IYER MEMORIAL Ph.D. RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP FOR FULL TIME PhD –2021-22 (December Batch)
The Fellowship amount is Rs.15,000 per month for a maximum duration of Three years, subject to the receipt of satisfactory annual progress report.
Important Dates to note:
|Last date for submission of duly filled- in Application Form||Assessment||Publication of List of Provisionally Selected candidates||PhD programme begins (Tentative)|
|29th January 2022.|
10th February 2022
(Counselling for the shortlisted candidates – Based on satisfying the stipulated requirements as in the prospectus. )
3 PM ONWARDS
|14th February 2022.||21st February 2022|
For applications & PhD Regulations of SBV, visit our website : www.sbvu.ac.in
Owing to the prevailing situation of COVID 19 pandemic, admission will be based on the percentage of marks scored in the qualifying examinations and online interview conducted at National Level which will be followed by counseling of the short listed candidates.
Application along with the Appendices can be downloaded from the University website (www.sbvu.ac.in) and the filled- in Application Form along with a Crossed Demand Draft for Rs. 500/- drawn in favour of Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth, payable at Pondicherry should be submitted to the Office of the Registrar, Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth, SBV campus, Pillaiyarkuppam, Pondicherry – 607 402 on or before 29th January 2022.
No refund of Application / Tuition fees once paid under any circumstances.
FEE DETAILS (From the batches joining from 2018 onwards)
|PhD Application Fee|
|Annual Tuition Fees for PhD (Full Time, Part Time (Internal, External)|
Rs.15,800/- (For Two papers combined which cannot be separated)
|Synopsis Submission Fees|
|Thesis Submission Fees|
Rs. 20,000/- (For a period of every 3 months)
|Special Extension Fees|
Rs.30,000/-(For a period of every 3 months after the expiry of the Extension period)
- The Fees has to be paid as Demand Draft in favour of Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth, payable at Pondicherry.
- SBV reserves the right to revise the above fees as and when required. The revision of the fees will be applicable across all batches from the date of revision.