Provisional Selection List
for SBV Ph.D. Program 2022-2023 BATCH II
Notification Dated on 05.12.2023
Last Update Dated on 05.12.2023
Seat Allotment for Ph.D. Programmes
Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth (SBV) invites ONLINE APPLICATIONS form for admission to Ph.D. in Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing Sciences, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Multi-Disciplinary research, Biomedical Sciences and Health Professions Education as Full Time/Part Time (Internal)/Part time (External) in the following disciplines offered at its constituent teaching units and its Institute:
FACULTY OF MEDICINE, DENTISTRY, NURSING SCIENCES, PHARMACY, PHYSIOTHERAPY, MULTI-DISCIPLINARY RESEARCH, BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES AND HEALTH PROFESSIONS EDUCATION– 105
(Number of vacancies may increase or decrease based on actual availability of guides at the time of Selection)
- * Such of those candidates desiring to join in Multi-Disciplinary research, can choose from Bio-statistics, Human Genetics, Molecular Diagnostics, Drug discovery and Development, Plasma Medicine, Biomaterials, Microbial Biotechnology, Genomics, Proteomics, Medical devices, Medical Simulation, Artificial Intelligence, Transgender research and Nano sciences.
- The Minimum duration of Ph.D. course (Full time/Part time) is THREE years as per UGC regulations November, 2022. However, if the student does not complete within this three year period shall continue to pay the annual tuition fees. Extension will be given as per UGC guidelines. Tuition fee of Rs. 40,000/-per annum to be paid during the course duration of Ph.D.
- SBV is listed under section 12 B of the UGC Act, 1956 enabling candidates with valid Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) from UGC / CSIR / ICMR / DBT / DST / GATE / AYUSH / INSPIRE / NET, etc. for admission to PhD programme.
- PhD Scholars registered with SBV will be encouraged to pursue the part of their PhD programme at Vector Control Research Institute (ICMR – VCRC), Pondicherry, French Institute, Pondicherry and other institutes of repute, under the MoUs signed between SBV and other institutes.
- ADMISSION TO PH.D. NURSING will be governed by Indian Nursing Council Notification dated 6th November, 2020. One year teaching experience post M.Sc. Nursing is essential.
FACILITIES AVAILABLE: NABL accredited molecular diagnostic laboratories, Centre for Healthcare Artificial Intelligence and Research (CHAIR), Zebra Fish Facility, Small Animal Research Facility, American Heart Association approved Medical Simulation Centre, Advanced Surgical Training and Research Academy (ASTRA), DSIR approved Research & Development Facility, (MGMARI)CDSCO approved Clinical Trial Centre, Sleep Lab, Transplantation facility, Cell Therapy facility, Cell Culture facility, karyotyping facility.
ANNOUNCEMENT ON M.V.K.IYER MEMORIAL Ph.D. RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP (JRF) FOR FULL TIME PhD – 2023-24 (Batch I)
(For 10 meritorious students with a minimum of one year Teaching/Research Experience and research publications in UGC approved journals)
The Fellowship amount is Rs.20,000 per month for a maximum duration of Three years and annual contingency of Rs. 25,000/-in second and third year subject to the receipt of satisfactory annual progress report and publication of at least one Research Publication per year in UGC approved Journals. (Scopus/PubMed/Web of Sciences/UGC CARE-Group I)
Instructions for filling up Online application forms and attaching self-attested certificate copies:
- Application forms are available online only. It should be duly filled up by the candidates and submitted online along with the scanned copies of requested documents as PDF (Document Size not exceeding 3 MB) and recent passport size color photograph as attachment (jpeg format, Size: 250 KB).
- The Application fee of Rs.1000/-(Rupees one thousand only) to be paid online, while submitting the online application, will not be refunded under any circumstance.
- Candidates should attach only scanned copies of Self Attested Certificates related to qualification, age and community namely HSC Mark sheet(s), UG, PG Degree, Birth Certificate, Community Certificate and Experience certificate etc. The Mark Sheet(s) of the Qualifying examination in original and other Original Documents have to be produced for Verification only at the time of Ph.D. Induction programme at SBV, Pondicherry.
- Applications will not be entertained if incomplete or uploaded without attaching the scanned copies of the relevant certificates and without paying the registration fee online.
- All Entrance /Interview related communications like (Hall Ticket/Call Letter, Entrance/Interview Results and Counseling Intimation Order etc.,) will be sent through Application Portal as well as in our website only. Hence the candidates are advised to keep their User ID and Password for their future reference. No separate communication will be sent to any individual e-mail or SMS.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to keep himself / herself updated about the Common Entrance Test / Admission process through the Application portal.
Instructions to upload Publication Details
Applicants are directed to attach the list of their publications in the Vancouver format
Stephen S, Kandhakumari G, Pradeep J, Vinithra SM, Siva PK, Hanifah M, et al. Scrub typhus in south India: a re-emerging infectious disease. Jpn J Infect Dis. 2013;66: 552–4.
Indexed in : Scopus Web of Science PubMed UGC CARE
Thomson Reuter / web of Science Impact Factor: 2.22 (TR)
Important Dates to Remember
Last date for ONLINE submission of duly filled- in Application Form
Publication of List of Provisionally Selected candidates with Allotment of Guides
PhD INDUCTION PROGRAMME AND COMMENCEMENT OF THE COURSE (TENTATIVE)
28th December 2023
(5pm, Server time)
03rd January 2024 , 10.00 am to 01.00 pm.
05th January 2024
10th January 2024
18th January 2024 09am -10.00 am Original Certificates Verification and submission of DD for Rs. 45,000/-at SBV Pondicherry.
10-00-10.30 am – Tea
10.30am – onwards Ph.D. Induction Program followed by
Interaction with the Guides regarding Ph.D. Thesis topic selection.
For ONLINE APPLICATIONS & PhD Regulations of SBV, visit our website: www.sbvu.ac.in
ONLINE APPLICATION along with the Appendices are available in the University website (www.sbvu.ac.in) and the filled- in Application Form along with the fee of Rs. 1000/- paid ONLINE and should be submitted ONLINE before 28th December 2023.(5pm, Server time)
Ph.D. Registration fee–Rs. 5000/- and annual tuition fees –Rs. 40,000/-. Both to be submitted as a single Demand Draft of Rs.45,000/- drawn in favour of “ Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth”, payable at Pondicherry.
- No refund of Application / Tuition fees once paid under any
- Physical presence of Full time/Part time-Internal and Part time-External (including overseas) Ph.D. scholars in RAC Meetings (conducted once in six months) is mandatory.
- Part time External students are expected to spend 30 days every year at SBV during RAC Meetings and regular interaction with their Primary Guides.
- Change of Ph.D. Status and institution
- The change of Ph.D. status from Full Time, Part time Internal, Part time external and migration to other institutions: These can be made only with the prior approval from the Dean Research, SBV. An application has to be submitted along with a fee of Rs. 5,000/- to effect the change. Otherwise the students have to discontinue their Ph.D. programme and re-register in the next Batch.
- Before applying for Ph.D. at SBV, Part time External students must ensure
- They have Government approved Human Ethics/Animal Ethics Committee is available and functional in their Institutions.
- They shall produce NOC from the Head of their Institution and Acceptance letter from their co-guide in their department
Please note that SBV does not conduct Ph.D. by online or through correspondence.
FEES ONCE PAID WILL NOT BE RETURNED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. IF THE CANDIDATE DISCONTINUES IN BETWEEN THE PROGRAMME PERIOD, THE CANDIDATE HAS TO PAY THE FULL TUITION FEE FOR THE ENTIRE PERIOD OF THE PROGRAMME