Student Nurses Association / Student Welfare Council
The Student Nurses Association (SNA) is an organizational wing of Trained Nurses Association of India (TNAI) flourished in all Schools & Colleges of Nursing throughout India. Student Nurses Association is the student based organization to mentor Nursing students preparing for initial licensure as a registered nurse and promote professional development.
Shri Sathya Sai College of Nursing opened SNA unit for our nursing students & for their membership in the year 2020 with full enthusiasm and active participation.
Our SNA unit started with the membership of 12 B.Sc. Nursing students in the first batch.
- To help students uphold the dignity and ideals of the profession for which they are qualifying.
- To promote a corporate spirit among students for common goal.
- To furnish Nurses in training with advice in their courses of study leading up to professional qualification
- To encourage leadership abilities and help students to gain a wide knowledge of the Nursing profession in its different branches and aspects.
- To increase the students social contacts and general knowledge in order to help them take their place in the world after their training
- To encourage both professional and recreational meetings games and sports.
- To encourage students to compete for prizes in many co curricular activities, intra & inter collegiate competitions, exhibition etc, and to give opportunities to the students to attend regional, state, national & international conferences.
- A wide variety of activities are encouraged at all levels for the SNA members
- Providing opportunities for the students to participate in various inter collegiate competitions, conference and workshops
- Students actively participate and win prizes in various intercollegiate competitions like Cultural, Sports, and Educational activities such as Poster competition, Essay Competition, Extempore and Conferences
- SNA Orientation Programme was conducted for the First batch (2019-2020) and Second batch (2020-2021) respectively.
- Planned to conduct general body meetings are regularly intervals with all SNA office bearers, faculty and students.
Student Members role
- Create and deliver SNA events, programs and activities that promote awareness and critical engagement with global issues.
- Plan, implement and evaluate the activities.
- Students are encouraged to join in many innovative activities so that they can build up their self-confidence, develop their skills and bring their talent to the forecast.
- These activities are designed to meet the needs of the students and cover a broad/wide range of their abilities and talents.
- These activities help in developing the grasping power of the students and provide an opportunity to the students to work in teams and thus develop team spirit in them.