- The department is mainly involved in imparting medico-legal knowledge to the undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- We are running Clinical Forensic Medicine Unit where students are posted in causality in batch wise thereby exposing students to ethical and legal issues associated with clinical practice.
- The department has a tie-up with the Department of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology, IGMCH&RI, Pondicherry.
- Yearly UG students are taken to IGMC&RI in batchwise and making them to witness as well as to conduct postmortem.
- UG students are taken to various courts (Civil and Criminal) to witness court room procedure.
- The department is in tie up with the clinical department and also teaches them to handle medicolegal issues whenever negligence arises.
- The department is regularly conducting academic activities like poster presentation for UG students, CMEs, guest lectures etc.
- UG students are engaged to participate in various intercollegiate quiz competition.
- PG students are given hands-on training in autopsy